View Full Version : US Visa requirements for TR ?

Mack Buffet
28th Jul 2009, 22:09
Hi All

Anyone know if M1 visa is required for type rating in the US when you're already an operating JAA fATPL ?

I'm going over to a certain large and very well known provider shortly for the JAA Citation SII Initial. The sim checkride will also issue the ATP.

Passed TSA, submitted foreign licence verification and everything, and aforementioned large provider is telling me it's fine on the visa waiver program despite me asking them several times to confirm. They are the sort of company I would assume know what they are talking about.

The only mention on their website for M1's is in relation to ab-initio training. I don't wanna turn up at the airport and have the shortest trip ever. Anyone seen 'The Terminal' with Tom Hanks.....?

Lots of you guys (and girls) must have done your initials in the US ?!

Cheers

Mack

Night Flight
29th Jul 2009, 00:37
MB,
Assuming that the precess is similar to Australian requirements you will need a Visa. I was told a similar story before going that Australian residents don't need a Visa to got to the US for training as long as its for less than 3 month.... WRONG! I was informed a week before my trip that I did need one and had to arrange a last minute meeting emergency meeting at the US Consulate to get the Visa in my passport before my trip.
It's pretty cheap to get it done so don't risk it unless you know that you don't need it for sure.
NF

Check 6
29th Jul 2009, 03:06
Here is the info provided by SimCom Academy, as I am thinking that you are referring to another provider.

TSA Requirements (http://simulator.com/TSA.asp)

NuName
29th Jul 2009, 04:25
I have been doing this for many years and my understanding is this. You may get away with it on a waiver but officialy you require a visa. B1/B2 will take a day to attend the consuler section and 3-5 days to arrive via courier. This type of visa will cover all and lasts for 10 years, you will also need it if ever you go to the states on a private flight.