PDA

View Full Version : Logbook question

Harry Copter
28th Jul 2009, 11:19
I’ve had a look in Lasor’s, but with no joy so maybe someone here can help.

What do you write down in your log book about landing at a private site?
Private site?

Also are you aloud to land at private sites at night?

By private site I mean something like a pub field or privately owned field, with the land owners permission away from houses.
And of course the aircraft is rated for night

Harry :ok:

Whirlygig
28th Jul 2009, 11:24
What do you write down in your log book about landing at a private site?
The name of the private site e.g. The Angel, Swanton Morley.

Also are you aloud to land at private sites at night?Yes, provided your licence allows you to.

Cheers

Whirls

SilsoeSid
28th Jul 2009, 14:03
Also are you aloud to land at private sites at night?

Only if you are quiet !
;)

wobble2plank
28th Jul 2009, 15:30
I just wrote down the Lat and Long (when GPS was finally invented!) Prior to that, if I could be bothered to find out, the Grid reference. Most times just field etc. Trust me, during SAR, we landed in some weird and wonderful locations. (Including the 'Hanging Sporran' car park on the Isle of Skye! Time for a quick one M'Ludd?)

Don't get too bogged down in the trivia. No-one really cares. Except that woman who will hit you with an ASBO if you don't land quietly! :}

ShyTorque
28th Jul 2009, 16:10
These days I just write down the most obvious name, i.e. name of the town or village. If there's no airfield mentioned, by definition it must have been a private HLS. If it's an airfield landing, I log the ICAO code.

Agaricus bisporus
28th Jul 2009, 18:15
Sorry pal, can't pass this by. Amazing!

Location on a flight op's sofa Oh, a greengrocer I assume?

What do you write down in your log bookWell, departure and arrival place of course, as required by the ANO, what else??? What the Hell else could you write - why in the name of Heaven is this a valid question?

Lasor’sEh? Greengrocer's grammar AGAIN!!??
are you aloudEh??? Oh dear!
are you aloud to land at private sites at night Er, under whose noisy regulations are you questioning this? Any well known country? ...I thought not.
And of course the aircraft is rated for night

Oh, and there is another sort?

Pal, don't give up your day job, and in the meantime,please learn the most basic rules of aviation, spelling and grammar.

Byee!

dragman
28th Jul 2009, 21:45
Landing at private sites, eg pubs, at night, with a little experience, should be no problem.

Taking off again from private sites, eg pubs, at night..........

:cool: as you load the chick at the bar into the passenger seat
:p as you walk to the pilot seat
:confused: as you look for the flight manual (you forgot the start sequence)
:sad: as you lift off
:eek: as you see the wire
:mad: as you miss the wire
:} as you turn to the chick
:zzz: en route
:\ en route
:yuk: en route
:cool: as you manage to pull off a landing (at the next pub?)
:ugh: when you find out the chick to be a chap

ShyTorque
28th Jul 2009, 21:51
.. when you find out the chick to be a chap

The last one's a bit rich coming from someone calling himself "Dragman". :p

SilsoeSid
28th Jul 2009, 22:16
when you find out the chick to be a chap

The last one's a bit rich coming from someone calling himself "Dragman". :p

...and lives in a country where the sheep outnumber the human population! :eek:

dragman
29th Jul 2009, 06:14
I guess I could change it to Bruno

dragman
29th Jul 2009, 06:19
...and lives in a country where the sheep outnumber the human population! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif

There's more money in dairy these days. :(

iainms
30th Jul 2009, 03:18
I can tell its raining :hmm:

Genghis the Engineer
30th Jul 2009, 08:25
(1) Same as we do in fixed wing when we land at a private site - any clearly identifiable name: Ardrossan Beach, Compleat Angler...

(2) Flight ops is an abbreviation of flight operations, so more correctly is written "flight op's" since the apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Technically speaking, the norm is wrong, and "flight op's" is right. (Okay, lasor's is definitely wrong however.)

(3) Many helicopters are on Permits to Fly - for example ex-military Scouts, or homebuilt Rotorways. A Permit doesn't permit night flying, hence the aircraft isn't rated for night.

G