PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire Orlando (MCO)

timboab
27th Jul 2009, 17:55
Hi All

Hope you are well.

Planning a trip to MCO in November and want to hire a 'nice' car while over in sunny Florida.

Really fancy a Mustang Convertible, but I am led to believe that Hertz are the only company that has this particular car. There is a possibility that Budget hire car do it also but does anyone know for sure?

If anyone has another suggestion for a company at MCO that does cool convertibles please let me know!!

CarltonBrowne the FO
27th Jul 2009, 19:02
I rented a Mustang at MCO through Dollar, courtesy of netflights.com; however, I could not book it in advance- all they normally specify is a convertible, which usually means a Chrysler Sebring.
The Mustang was a lot of fun, but had a smaller boot (trunk) than the Sebring.

Der absolute Hammer
27th Jul 2009, 20:40
Booked a Mustang last year at either JKK or IAD - cannot remember-with Avis. The car ws there but on examination the wife refused to travel with a suitcase on her lap because the boot was to small to accomodate all her baggage. So we ended up with a six door 4x4 which had all her luggage sloshing around in the back. Mind you, it was snowing in Maine so we were happy not to have the Mustang at the end of the day.

timboab
27th Jul 2009, 22:32
Luggage not a problem, and hoping that there is no snow in MCO in November!!!! So the mustang should be fine.

Any other suggestions folks?

Flight Detent
28th Jul 2009, 02:43
A VeeDub with a trailer! :uhoh:

Der absolute Hammer
28th Jul 2009, 02:46
You know, I just looked through the websites and only Hertz -I think-offers the Mustang from JFK-so perhaps I used Hertz because I originally wanted a Mustang for the same fun reasons as you.

But perhaps you fancy something a little more daring?

Orlando Exotic Car Rental: Rent a Luxury Car in Orlando, Florida (http://www.findexotic.com/category.php?categoryId=1144)

But of course, if it is your wife you are taking, then I guess the Mustang will siffice?

heidelberg
28th Jul 2009, 07:29
Pontiac G6 2 door is a fun car to drive and has a trunk big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs - should be ok for a couple of cases.

Hertz are located off airport.
The following companies are at the airport - Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, L&M and National. National allowed me to pick any car in the line for the class I booked - this is how I got the G6 last Jan.

I presume you are aware it's cheaper to book on line - and usually it is also cheaper to use an internet company even though you will finish up getting a car from one of the 'majors'.

timboab
28th Jul 2009, 16:55
Thanks guys for your help & suggestions. I think I will just book online and hope that when I get there I will be able to pick up something nice.

Appreciate all your help.