PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Company

Condor1969
26th Jul 2009, 19:32
Hello
At present I am trying to develop a business plan to set a small Helicopter company in south america and I wonder if someone in this forum has experience in running or managing this sort of business. I would appreciate any tips and recomendation to move on this project.
Thanks.
Regards.

biggles99
26th Jul 2009, 21:25
what type of company?

a flight training school?

an AOC type operation?

a HEMS operation?

a dealership?

a brokerage company?

it would be easier to give sensible advice with a bit of a more comprehensive brief.

There's a lot of experience and knowledge out there - even on this forum - but you need to be a bit more specific.

If it's a sales and marketing operation, or a CPL(H) distance learning master franchise, or an outbased A109/AS355 FNPTII simulator type operation that you are after, then I can help. PM me.

Big Ls.

Condor1969
30th Jul 2009, 00:05
Big Ls.
Thanks for your answer.

Here, market demand for Heli service is not big and fluctuate between sector so the aim is to try to offer a wide service.
Tourist at the mountains- ski-,
Photo & Film
Civil work -construction, etc-

What do you mean by marketing operation?
Regards

bluehawaii
30th Jul 2009, 01:31
Hello Biggles99,i will sincerely appreciate if you can educate me on helicopter operation management/marketing.You seem to have experience in this area.Thanks.

Miles Gustaph
30th Jul 2009, 02:39
Bluehawaii, "i will sincerely appreciate if you can educate me on helicopter operation management/marketing" your asking rather a lot for someone to answer in a PPRuNen thread... there are courses in Aviation Management/Operations as well as some very good books. It is a rather large subject.

What specifically is it that you need to know?

bluehawaii
30th Jul 2009, 16:23
Thanks Miles Gustagh, I will like to know what the key points of running an offshore or Heli city tour helicopter operation unit.