PDA

View Full Version : Flying into Helitech 2009

Genghis the Engineer
26th Jul 2009, 17:20
Hi folks,

I'm contemplating flying myself into Helitech this year. Looking at the Duxford special events AIC for 2009 it doesn't include, it, and the Helitech website only refers me to the IWM website - which in turn refers me to the AIC!

Can anybody point me at this year's procedures and contact details for PPR, slot booking, et.al. for Helitech.

FWIW, I'm proposing to fly in fixed-wing, but my recollection from previous years is that all information was in the same place?

G

toptobottom
26th Jul 2009, 17:50
To book your slot, just call Alan in the tower on 01223 833376. Once you've got your slot, you'll be sent joining procedures nearer the time.

Genghis the Engineer
27th Jul 2009, 07:33
Thanks top, will do that once I've decided which day I'm going.

Just in passing, anybody up for a PPruners lunch at Helitech this year?

Cheers,

G

toptobottom
27th Jul 2009, 08:15
Great idea! I'm up for it, although my experience in trying to arrange prooner meetings has had limited success to date...

I'm there on 22nd and 23rd - be aware the HCGB has aranged a 'Haywards safety seminar' and lunch for members on 22nd.

TTB

HeliCraig
27th Jul 2009, 11:05
Yep, up for lunch. Not sure which day to go, only really intend to go on one of them - so let me know which day you all plan to go!!

alphaalpha
27th Jul 2009, 13:00
In past years there has been an AIC for Helitech. I am at Duxford on Wednesday and will have a look at where it is at and when it will be published. It may be that we will have a pdf or Word document that we can email in the meantime.

Alan.

ShyTorque
27th Jul 2009, 14:39
I'm planning to go by road but due to the vagaries of the job, I won't know exactly when until very close to the day, if at all.

HeliCraig
27th Jul 2009, 14:48
Where you coming from ST? If you're passing the midlands to get there and don't mind flying in one of Franks finest, then sure I could find a spare seat for you!

ShyTorque
27th Jul 2009, 15:02
HC, thanks for your kind offer but I'll be with a group if I go.

1helicopterppl
27th Jul 2009, 18:56
Dear Helicraig,

I am in the Midlands, very close to Warwick ! I'm guessing you fly from Cov ? as I do not recognise your name from Wellesbourne.

I try to go to Helitech as many days as poss but maybe we could meet regardless ?

HeliCraig
27th Jul 2009, 19:07
Ah, no, as a total curve ball I normally fly from Northampton! Although I have flown from Coventry and Wellesbourne - PM me, and we can sort out meeting up / maybe flying in!

C.

Genghis the Engineer
11th Aug 2009, 15:40
Just bumping the thread, and mentioning that I'm planning to go on Wednesday 23rd if anybody's likely to be around for lunch.

I spoke to Duxford about PPR - they're still getting the procedures together but took my number and promised to call me back once they have procedures to slot me into.

G

toptobottom
11th Aug 2009, 20:08
Ghengis - FYI the HCGB safety seminar (delivered by Haywards) and lunch has been re-arranged for the 23rd now (from 22nd).

Whirlygig
11th Aug 2009, 20:20
Wednesday is looking like my favoured day to visit Helitech :ok:

G, I'll join you for "lunch" (read, dodgy hotdog or carpetburger :})

Cheers

Whirls

VeeAny
11th Aug 2009, 20:26
I am just awaiting confirmation but it looks like we will be running some of the first safety evening presentation (the same bits each day) on all 3 days of helitech.

It will be open to all, but on a first come first served basis as space may be limited.

I'll let you know how it pans out.