PDA

View Full Version : Rubber insoles and shoe screening.

theapple
26th Jul 2009, 13:40
Every time I make a post about a particular subject it seems to just dissapear after an hour or so, and I have no idea why.

The post is bascially me asking this question:

[quote]
I normally wear 4cm long insoles in my trainers when I go out to gain some height and also keep my back straight (I have a bad back problem). I'm going abroad in about a week and I'm going through Gatwick Airport.

I recently heard that they are starting to screen shoes as well for suspicious stuff like explosives etc. I was wondering if wearing these fully rubber insoles would make them suspicious at all? because of the unusually high inner heel?

Strange question, I know, but I need some answers lol. How do they screen shoes at gatwick?

This is basically what I'm talking about

Why does it keep getting deleted? Am I violating a forum rule? It's just an issue I want to have resolved. All it takes are few people who work at security or know the procedure and what they look for to give me an answer on whether I can wear them :confused:

Edit: No you are not, but decisions are made as to where certain topics are best placed. This one is going SLF - it is NOTHING to do with computers or the internet.

PaperTiger
26th Jul 2009, 14:54
Take out the ebay link. That's a no-no; read the TOS.

Der absolute Hammer
26th Jul 2009, 15:15
Also, 'how do they screen shoes at LGW' is basically a question that relates to security so you perhaps should not expect too many detailed answeres other than a suggestion that you pack them in your checked baggage for the flight, when you will be seated for most of the time anyway.

T250
26th Jul 2009, 15:24
No one (I hope!!) is going to tell you anything about 'how' shoes are screened at any UK airport, after all you are an anonymous poster as is everyone here.

In answer to your question you'll have no problem, stop worrying! If you are really that concerned then prepare your explaination just in case! :rolleyes::cool::hmm::ugh:

Jetdriver
26th Jul 2009, 16:08
Possibly your posts get deleted, because they are placed in irrelevant forums, or contain inappropriate content? I notice this topic is now (and not for the first time) running in two seperate forums. One of which is also about to get deleted. I am not about to get into the ususal debate on moderation with you, however provided that the moderator of this forum agrees, I will re-title your thread and leave this subject here.

I am not sure what your concern is. I am sure there are no end of people with insoles of one type or another in their shoes. Unless there is something particularly unusual about them that attracts the attention of the screener then I am sure you need not concern yourself. It is highly unlikley that anybody involved with security will discuss any of the procedures in detail, since many security protocols are necessarily restricted to those who are expected to exercise discretion and confidentiality.

Common sense should tell you that shoes are routinely scanned at all Uk airports and rubber insoles are not likley in themselves to cause a particular problem. What may cause a problem, is one of those protocols not likley to be widely discussed.