PDA

View Full Version : JP part required - Halton contacts?

relight9
26th Jul 2009, 07:51
Hi all

Does anyone know if the engineering sections at Halton still have JP's for engineering training ?
We are after a gearbox shaft, and are not having much luck via current JP operators, so it's on to museums, fire, and engineering schools!
Any other ideas who might have an old Mk4 / Mk5 JP gearbox laying around ?

Paul
XS186 CREW

ArthurR
26th Jul 2009, 08:19
Try 2SofTT, RAF Cosford, I remember seeing a list of training aircraft that included a number of JP's. Best of luck in your search.

relight9
26th Jul 2009, 08:29
Thanks Arthur, will do, i understand their JP's are taxiable for ground handling training, though they may still have engineering functions operating on the old JP, still would like a contact at Halton anyone ?

NutLoose
26th Jul 2009, 08:32
Might be sucking eggs, but have you tried EVERETT AERO SALES & SUPPORT. (http://www.everettaero.com)

fastener
27th Jul 2009, 13:48
Have you tried NWMAS at Hawarden?

Arkwright
27th Jul 2009, 15:20
RAF Halton stopped taxying their JP's when the apprentice scheme ended, sometime in the 90's.

As far as I know all the JP's and Gnats were removed from the station, some going to RAF Cosford, and others being sold. The only (almost) complete airframes there now are a Hunter gate guard, and I believe a Phantom on the main parade ground.

I seriously doubt that there is any service engineers still stationed at Halton, however I will ask the question the next time I'm there!

Doobry Firkin
27th Jul 2009, 15:50
Cosford have them in the hangers for trade training and i do belive they still taxi them on the airfield.
Give them a call you never know your luck.

relight9
27th Jul 2009, 19:03
Thanks guys, looks like Cosford is my best bet, i'll do some pestering tomorrow and post any successes...............

IFHP
28th Jul 2009, 14:58
Big pile of bits at humberside a couple of years ago, I can't remember name of company.

relight9
28th Jul 2009, 18:33
IFHP - It's Global Aviation at Humberside, they bought quite a cache of JP's a few years ago, including several foreign air force examples i think. Most have now gone, but i got through to the chap there and he's having a dig around, hopefully as we speak.

relight9
29th Jul 2009, 17:21
No luck at Halton, got through to the Station Manager.
He insists they only have the one JP, on the horse jumping course, and that it's more than likely got no gearbox in it, but may get chance to take a look and get back to me..................

We so often get this, such a frustration that we can't get past the cursory 'if i get chance'

It's another try at Cosford tomorrow, but 4 attempts today have not got past answer machines, with no call backs at all............

The call for help still stands guys, any help at all that sits outside the website and switchboard that we are already trying would be better than what we have at present.

One idea by the Haltonn Manager was Bae, as they were shipping parts out to Saudi and elsewhere up to a few years ago, and may have had stuff coming back the other way ? Any leads there anyone ?

ivor toolbox
29th Jul 2009, 17:34
Firstly, Halton is no longer the apprentice school, everything got moved to
Cosford sometime @ 1988, hence the lack of response.

IIRC the last users of JP/Strikemaster were Sultanate of Oman,
think maybe Delta Jets at Kemble is your best starting place

Delta Jets Ltd. (http://www.deltajets.com/#/contact-us/4531810324)

ttfn