PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Depress today?

swish266
26th Jul 2009, 04:22
Just heard about a Qantas B734 from Auckland to Brisbane suffered a depressurization. RTB.
Any further info?

Jumbo744
26th Jul 2009, 04:30
Hi! I was just reading the news when I saw your thread:

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A Qantas jet flying from New Zealand to Australia was forced to turn around when the cabin started to lose air pressure, the airline said in a statement.
The Australian carrier has an excellent safety record but has come under scrutiny over the past year after its aircraft experienced a series of technical problems in flight.
Qantas said Saturday's incident involved a Boeing 737-400 ascending out of Auckland en route to Brisbane. At 25,000 feet it developed a "subtle pressurisation problem," the airline said.
The aircraft landed and all 91 passengers disembarked safely. The plane is being examined by engineers.
"The cabin was depressurizing at a controlled rate but certainly not rapidly or noticeably to passengers. There was never any imminent threat to passengers, the crew or the aircraft," the airline said in the statement.

gubaclagan
26th Jul 2009, 04:42
Wish to know the results of their investigation. That will help any future snags in flight. Any avionics work done before the flight?

BrissySparkyCoit
27th Jul 2009, 10:24
Gubaclagan.... you are a mechanic, aren't you? hehehe:8

BOAC
27th Jul 2009, 10:59
"I say, Bruce, QRH for subtle pressurisation problem if you would be so kind."

gubaclagan
28th Jul 2009, 09:38
Brissysparkycoit......Yes, basically I am an Avionics Tech but also experienced as A&P FAA mechanic....... more than 40 years behind me. Within that length of time as a greasy mechanic, I have had 7 full years as a Professional Flight Engineer.:ok: