PDA

View Full Version : Safi Airways looking for planes

wall-e
25th Jul 2009, 21:40
Check this out

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/07/06/329263/afghanistans-safi-looking-for-narrowbodies-and-a-widebody.html (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/07/06/329263/afghanistans-safi-looking-for-narrowbodies-and-a-widebody.html)

Afinehelmet
27th Jul 2009, 18:58
Safi desperately needs new aircraft.

The current fleet is old and the company are spending a small fortune in spares to try and keep the planes moving.

The rumours are that some 737-700's are on their way, as they can also cover the KBL-FRA route whenever the 767 is tech.

Jet star1
11th Aug 2009, 18:27
Another victim of Tilmann Gabriel the same guy who was kicked out of Royal Jet for financial irregularities and kick backs. Airline is virtually broke no money to pay for vendors. Pilots are taken for a blind ride with false promises.

BUSHJEPPY
12th Aug 2009, 09:25
Jet Star1

Safi Airways bankrupt ? nothing in the news yet. Will it take everybody by surprise or do you have some facts ?

Afinehelmet
13th Aug 2009, 18:29
If Safi Airways is bankrupt or about to go bankrupt, then why hire all the additional staff? An additional 3 capts have been employed on the 373 fleet and 3 Capts and two FO's on the 767 fleet. Additionally, more cabin crew continue to arrive as well as ground staff.

Whilst it can be argued that these additions (flight deck) are replacing those who have moved onto other opportunities, employing people when the company is about to go bust doesn't make any sense to me.

The Safi family are very well resourced and I for one believe this company will be around for a few years yet.

Maeshe
28th Oct 2009, 08:22
Any news on how they getting on?
Any developments or new equipment?
B737 still regularly seen at DXB....how's the B767 getting on to FRA?
People being paid on time?

highnlow
28th Oct 2009, 14:12
employing people when the company is about to go bust doesn't make any sense to me.

Agree. But that would only be true in a sound and fresh airline. Question is if Safi airways is "feeling good" these days. And how sound can a company be if this is true:

Another victim of Tilmann Gabriel the same guy who was kicked out of Royal Jet for financial irregularities and kick backs.

How can it be that a CEO in Royal Jet gets the boot, dissapear for a while, only to return to the same area as CEO for another airline. And if Jet Star 1 is correct, those who hired the ex Royal Jet CEO can not have done a proper background check. Or may be they did and found that he is perfect for Safi :hmm:

Oh BTW, did I hear something about the Safi COO, who had an elevated management position in Ethiad ? I guess a Google search would pop up a few answers ;)

New aircrafts? True or not? Let's just say that it does not cost much to have a journalist flash up something about 340s and what have you. Actually it does not cost a penny. And it makes the airline look good in the eyes of the public.

Ok, so if this Afghani registered airline with a "HQ" in Dubai Airport Free Zone is heading down hill, the bottom line is that in the end of the day it is those employees that still hang in there that will suffer. They put in a sh1t load of effort to make it go around. Those who left in time will probably :) and not regret they signed out.

Afinehelmet
6th Nov 2009, 19:03
highnlow,

Safi Airways took delivery of an A340-300 yesterday!

I guess the comments in the press actually had some truth in them!!

4HolerPoler
7th Nov 2009, 11:22
Ex EC-KAJ (015), which became F-WBSR recently, was ferried from Bordeaux to Frankfurt on 5/11 prior to delivery to Safi.

wall-e
29th Nov 2009, 20:41
rumors tell that 4Q is hiring only German pilots?

bumba
26th Jan 2010, 06:40
Aviation Middle East Link - E-Newsletter (http://www.aviationmiddleeast.com/newsletter.aspx?week=25%20January%202010&story_id=1271&category=Airlines)

velemax
26th Jan 2010, 09:52
Where is the biggest airplane operated by an Afghan airline?Gone after one month!!!

169west
25th Mar 2010, 10:44
Safi's future depends on international service, order at home

ATW Daily News (http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=19811)