PDA

View Full Version : Eu-ops Subpart-q

aerocommander
25th Jul 2009, 17:08
I have a hard time following up and all of the regualtions regarding FTL and procedures regarding stand-by. Is there anyone that has knowledge about a Flight Time program that will give you the right Duty-time/Flight-time and also keep in mind the limitations, or maybe just a link to a site witch has good explanation of all of the regulations.

I have experienced a few times that I'm put on flights witch I've flown and on a later point realised that I was waaaaay out on Duty-Time. There is of course the safty issue, but also that it would generate new jobs if all of us followed the limitations. I guess the people that call you out on stand-by or plan your schedule either don't know all limitations or that they somtimes tries to save the company some cash. Is there someone els with my experience and maybe you have som opinions?

Thanks for any links and also opinions!

Hans

boredcounter
25th Jul 2009, 21:01
Your company FTLS will be published in your Ops Manual. I guess Part A section 7. It is your responsibility to know it's limitations if you work as Aircrew. If you are licensed, it is quite simple, the guys on the ground have nothing to loose, you have. It is no use at all pleading 'ignorance' after the fact. If next time it goes into one of the many grey areas, discuss with Crewing and be sure in your own mind the duty is legal.

Bored

chrystall
26th Jul 2009, 09:10
hi - keep a copy of cap 371 handy and you won't go far wrong! easy to read and easy to check if scheduled duty falls within legal parameters.

hope that helps!!

FlightOpsGuy
26th Jul 2009, 17:51
The regulation's way of calculating Flight Duty Time on a day with Stand By is complicated. It depends on when you were called out for instance, with enough time between the call out and your check in your FDP will start at check in. If you are called out later than that your FDP will be half of the time from your Stand By to check in. Also remember that FDP ends at block on when Duty Time ends at check out.

You can find all info in the regulations as well as in your OPS-manual. The airline is responsible for keeping track of your duty time so there will be no illegalities. You can always call your crewing office and they will explain how your FDP for a specific day is calculated.

aerocommander
27th Jul 2009, 12:20
Thanks for all of your replyes!!

In the OM-A there is a section on Flight time Limitations. (Section 7)
I don't want to talk bad about my company, but you feel somtimes that they try to trick you. For example this could be changing the standby from a late standby to a early shorty before you have the standby or calling you out on a flight before your standby starts.

I looked over the cap document, thanks for the link!

This can be a very complicated. And it seems that there is a lot of pilots that don't know exactly what their limitaions are. And the company are sometimes taking a advantage of this. It's the same ting with our collective agreement. I guess this is more of a problem for us that have close to 190 hours of Duty time a month.

Thanks

The Sea
23rd Jun 2010, 04:16
Many Authorities who apply EU-OPS Subpart Q worry about the allowable FDP for minimum pilot as:
- early flight
- late night flight
- number of landing
- WOCL
- Time zone adapt
- minimum rest period

But if the augment crew be added.
Augment crew limitation can be applied as maximum regardless conditions above.

WHY ???

Thanks,