PDA

View Full Version : What to do in AUH

liam1970
25th Jul 2009, 14:52
Flying with Etihad through AUH but unfortunately I have 6 hours stopover. Is it worth checking into transit hotel? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks.

computer jockey
26th Jul 2009, 10:15
Depends what time of day (or night) you will be arriving. Bear in mind that it is the middle of summer here, so walking the streets around midday is not recommended. There is really not that much to see in Abu Dhabi. But if you really want something to do, you can take a taxi from the airport to one of the shopping malls (Abu Dhabi Mall or Marina Mall), wander around there for a bit being amazed at how much more expensive the stuff is compared to home, then have a meal and a drink in one of the big hotels, before heading back to the airport. If you are staying over in the evening/night time, then there are a few good night clubs open to 3 am! Also, getting to and from the airport can use up an hour each way depending on the traffic...

liam1970
27th Jul 2009, 21:19
Thanks for reply, but I am arriving from DUB at around 2030 and flying out 0230. So not sure if downtown is an interesting option at that stage. I suppose I could look at the pretty planes.

davidjohnson6
27th Jul 2009, 21:41
liam - checking into a hotel would seem like a bad idea - apart from the extra cost. If your body decides that it wants to sleep for 8 hours, it might be more comfortable to do so in a bed, but potentially rather costly if that incurs the risk of missing your connecting onward flight !

There's a reason as to why airports often contain bookshops...

liam1970
28th Jul 2009, 18:17
Thanks for that helpful suggestion. I would never have thought of buying a book.

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Aug 2009, 07:07
Problem solved.

Dont leave the airport.

glf