PDA

View Full Version : BA609 for Child Flight?

w_ocker
24th Jul 2009, 23:33
Australian Aviation reports that Telstra Peda-Flight is raising funds to aquire a 609 tilt rotor. Any news or thoughts? I reckon good on them!:ok:

Freewheel
25th Jul 2009, 01:42
Thoughts only;

They can probably justify the expense for their longer legs. I wonder if they're thinking of replacing the BK, the Dauphin or offering another tier on top?

I'm not convinced of the tilt rotor for myself, but if they think it's the right thing for them, and they can get it done, good on 'em!

spinwing
25th Jul 2009, 02:52
Mmmm ...

It won't work ! .... simple as that.

.... aquisition cost rediculous .... training costs silly .... size of pads required impractical .... maintenance ????? .... nah this is "Bollocks".

:E

Revolutionary
25th Jul 2009, 03:23
Raising funds to acquire a 609 tiltrotor is like raising funds for a Jedi Starfighter. Neither will exist as a certificated aircraft anytime soon.

9Aplus
25th Jul 2009, 11:17
:uhoh: officially 2011. is near.......:E

trackdirect
25th Jul 2009, 12:58
That's the plan!!!
It seems like the best option for the legs that are flown and will enable them to carry out some of the longer jobs in shorter time and also ease a bit of strain on Air Ambulance to cover the far reaches of NSW.
Flight in icing conditions is also a big plus.
There are a few hospital pads in Sydney that will be too small but there most of the ones they drop off at are suitable for the 609 size wise, including their base!!
Funding will be the big issue, A few more chook raffles I guess:ok:

Bring it on!!!