PDA

View Full Version : suspended JAA class I medical and other non-JAA states

mrx111
23rd Jul 2009, 22:52
I'd like to ask about suspension of JAA class I medical. I have JAA ATPL license and JAA medical, which is already temporarry suspended, but I'd like to fly for airline outside JAA which recognize any ICAO license and any ICAO medical, so is here any restriction for me? Does my local aviation authority, which has issued my JAA license send any information about medical suspension to the foreign authority in case of validation my license? I'm sure I'll pass any inital class I medical check even inside JAA, because the suspension of my medical was not correct and I hold independend report indicating no problems with my fitness, however the authority doesn't like to accept it.

Bealzebub
24th Jul 2009, 13:34
All a bit vague? There is no such thing as an ICAO licence or an ICAO medical. You mean a licence or a medical issued by a country or supranational authority that is a signatory to the ICAO, which is virtually all of them.

A licence without a valid current medical certificate has no validity. It cannot therefore be used as the basis for a foreign validation if it is itself invalid. If a licence and associated medical certificate was to be issued in another country on the basis of satisfying that countries requirements for license and medical issue then that might have a standalone merit that would satisfy your enquiry. Aviation authorities would not normally disseminate details of individuals to other authorities unless a specific and proper request was made.

It is all a little confusing, but if you are suggesting a JAA licence with a medical that has been suspended, can be used as the basis for a foreign validation, then I think you are going to be dissappointed. If your medical is only subject to a "temporary" suspension, then wouldn't you simply be seeking to satisfy the authorities requirements to have the temporary suspension lifted?

Whatever caused the underlying problem with one authority, is probably going to reccur unless you resolve it. If it can be resolved, it seems eminently sensible to do so with the issuing authority rather than simply trying to export your problem into another jurisdiction.