PDA

View Full Version : Guide which reviews flight school?

Jay_solo
23rd Jul 2009, 22:03
There are so many schools to choose from to do your commercial training. Would'nt it be a good if there was a comprehensive, regularly updated guide to all Commercial Pilot training organisations to help you decide?

Hmm what do you think?

:ok:

chrisbl
23rd Jul 2009, 22:30
Written and paid for by whom?

If paid for by the FTOs then it is unlikely to be critical. Then the guide would be as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Things change very quickly in FTO land. Instructors change almost weekly, CFIs change and a good school could change over night.

If you want current views then this forum is as good as anything.

Jay_solo
23rd Jul 2009, 22:49
Written and paid for independently!

And not covering movements like instructors leaving or internal political gossip. Naturally that happens too often to keep up.

But hard facts like, location, fleet, age of fleet, type of training, years in operation, local accommodation, average student size, safety record, etc.

That type of stuff can be updated on an annual or semi annual basis without too many major changes.

waiterpilot
24th Jul 2009, 01:28
I would agree that PPRuNe is the best place for this - although if you post a new thread about a school that has been discussed before, may god help you from the (quite understandable) search sirens.

Profpilot.co.uk (http://www.profpilot.co.uk/schools/index.php) has the infrastructure ready for an information and student review system in a wonderfully engagingly snazzy interactive map (and indeed already has the location of most schools in the UK). But alas! it is lacking in flight school reviews from students in substantial numbers.

This could be fixed but I have literally no idea how to get people to go there.... :E

I certainly hope this flagrant self advertising does not bring down the wrath of mod(s).

But it is an answer to your question.

WP :ok: