PDA

View Full Version : Own an R44 and fancy selling some hours?

Pandalet
23rd Jul 2009, 15:38
This is a pretty long shot, but don't ask, don't get...

So, I'm looking for an R44 owner in the Herts area, who would be interested in selling some hours on their machine. I'm a PPL (for now), with around 150 hours, all on Robinsons (mostly R22). I'm not looking for a lot of hours, this is more to allow me to go places with my family. I'm based in SW Herts, near Denham, but am happy to travel a bit. Obviously, I'll fit around your scheduling, and I'm happy to take a checkride or provide references.

I have a number of operators in my area who will happily hire a 44 to me at £400-ish per hour; if I can't find an ameniable private owner, that'll probably be plan B.

If you're interested, drop me a PM.

rotorboater
23rd Jul 2009, 16:44
I am also looking for about 50 hours over the summer if anyone is interested, please pm me.
thanks rb

funfinn2000
24th Jul 2009, 20:20
I know a Gentleman south of leeds with a really sweet Astro that may be willing to do you a deal for hours, I have flown it one of the last Astros, send me a message and I will arrange to put you in contact.

Whirlygig
25th Jul 2009, 08:54
...and some won't be reluctant. After all, Pandalet has said she'll undergo necessary checks and references and understands if she don't ask, she don't get.

Pandalet, have you thought about trawling G-INFO for all the R44 private owners and just writing to them?

Cheers

Whirls

Heliport
25th Jul 2009, 09:03
ivor the driver Many private owners will be reluctant to let their machine loose with a low hours PPL with not many hours on type.So those private owners may not take up the suggestion.

As Pandalet said: Don't ask, don't get...

Pandalet
25th Jul 2009, 13:40
Whirls: the thought had crossed my mind, although on the basis that I hate receiving spam, I'm reluctant to send it to others. Also, it seems like there's a lot of people doing a G-INFO mail-shot these days (I know of at least 2 who have done it). I may yet, but I'm holding that idea in reserve for now.

Pilot.Pete: thanks for the heads-up, I'd not looked in HeliData. I'm not really looking for a syndicate, as my current savings are earmarked (so I lack the buy-in funds), but no harm in investigating.

airbourne
29th Jul 2009, 23:03
I know of the same person in Leeds with a nice very clean Astro that you could take a few hours off. Extremely nice motor.