PDA

View Full Version : SLS / Staff Recruitment

CXtreme
22nd Jul 2009, 17:28
Day 2 back from SLS that was not so relaxing, some stress because of staff travel, some due to the normal T.T. spin, I bumped into a friend in CX city. He introduced me to his wife, who told me she is in CX City for "the second round of interviews " for the position in FOP. As I just met the lady I did not dare ask what the position was, but I did diplomatically established that she had no special qualification or a diploma or degree, and that she is exited about the prospect of working for an airline.

Is there not a recruitment ban on all staff? Can this position not be shared? Any ideas where we need more staff?

I see the share price is lifting it's head.

freightdog188
23rd Jul 2009, 03:12
there have always been open positions advertised on intracx, throughout this "crisis"

geh065
23rd Jul 2009, 04:10
Cadet recruitment has never stopped and has actually increased with the addition of these so-called International Cadets.

AD POSSE AD ESSE
23rd Jul 2009, 04:13
More people to help "share the pain"...:confused:

Sqwak7700
23rd Jul 2009, 05:28
The reality is that the third floor is doing everything possible not to hire more flight crew.

They've extended their most expensive pilots, they have increased cadet recruitment because they know they will be drastically short of SOs in the future, and the last straw: Scheduling crews to operate after a PX sector where they take inflight rest.:hmm:

Those of us that did not take SLS are enjoying some nice overtime, you know they must not be happy about that.

Future tactics: Pushing for 3 man crew on long-haul.

Harbour Dweller
23rd Jul 2009, 05:52
Those of us that did not take SLS are enjoying some nice overtime, you know they must not be happy about that.

Airbus guys that took SLS are enjoying some nice overtime also.

Recent Fleet Forums have disclosed that overtime is costing the company more than that saved from SLS. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Ex Cathedra
23rd Jul 2009, 07:35
The reality is that the third floor is doing everything possible not to hire more flight crew.

...And failing.

New DFOs are starting to pop up in the fleet newsletters.

It seems they are intent on never upgrading the SOs.

Fenwicksgirl
23rd Jul 2009, 09:08
I think what is more alarming CXtreme is that you were at CX City on day 2 of your leave!!
Get out!!!! Go home, that way you won't get so stressed!!!

CXtreme
23rd Jul 2009, 17:05
Read again Fenwick
2 Day's BACK from...

Loiter1
26th Jul 2009, 05:07
Do the 'international' cadets get an expat package or are they going to be sharing an apartment in Tung Chung?

Fenwicksgirl
26th Jul 2009, 09:40
Ok La, my bad. Thankfully!