PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Interviews - London, 3rd September

steelbranch
22nd Jul 2009, 08:00
Hi guys,

I've been invited to attend round one of Cathay's selection process in London on 3rd September. I've browsed through the Fragrant Harbour section on here, but there is no useful information to be found.

If anyone has been through the selection process before, I'd be grateful if you could provide information on the following:

1. What type of assessments need to be completed on the day;
2. The overall structure of the assessment/interview process on day one;
3. Sources of information to practice for assessments;
4. Whether a verbal presentation on some topic needs to be made;
5. What the nature of the face-to-face interview is;
6. Any other things to be aware of in terms of what the recruiters are looking for, or more importantly, not looking for.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, and best to all,

steelbranch.

Bob-tm
22nd Jul 2009, 10:21
Hey there Steelbranch

Do you mind me asking when you submitted your application?
I too have applied (approx 2 weeks ago) and am waiting for news back. I'm from just outside Edinburgh and so would assume that London would be the venue if I were asked to attend.

Cheers

Dakotablue
22nd Jul 2009, 13:35
Is this for the cadet programme or direct entry SO/FO?

T7C
22nd Jul 2009, 14:13
I think you'll find all recruitment for CPA is on the CPP, no DESO/DEFO recruitment.

steelbranch
22nd Jul 2009, 16:04
Hi Bob-tm,

I sent the application around the start of June, and they contacted me this week. So that's about six or seven weeks altogether. And yes, it's for the cadet pilot programme - sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier.

I hope we can find some people who have previously been through their recruitment process to give us an idea of what to expect.

Cheers,

steelbranch

Brian304
25th Jul 2009, 11:14
From what I heard in Hong Kong, its a 7 stage process, I have friends going to the Hong Kong interview for the CPP. There will be aptitude, interviews, all the basic screening basically. Please look on fragrant harbour and but the cathay pacific interview book to be prepared. You can buy this book/file from all major aviation stores such as AFE, Transair e.t.c...

alberttky
7th Aug 2009, 13:31
Dear Steelbranch,

I am currently pursuing my ATPL course and will be applying to Cathay Pacific as well.

Sincerely appreciate if you can update us of your interview.

We wish you all the very best.

YarreYarran
9th Aug 2009, 05:11
espania robica mat jan orbal.

powerstall
9th Aug 2009, 05:24
good luck guys! :ok:

Crazy Fokker
21st Aug 2009, 10:24
Just wondering if anybody knows the closing date for the submission of applications?

boquera
21st Aug 2009, 11:17
there apparantly isn't one as yet. it's just ongoing

Crazy Fokker
21st Aug 2009, 13:12
Thanks, I was also under that impression. Good luck to all.