PDA

View Full Version : Annual Cost of Keeping a CPL/IR ME Valid?

P1 Forever
21st Jul 2009, 13:46
Hi everyone,

What would be a round figure of how much per year it would cost to keep a CPL/IR ME current if you were working in a non-flying job and you just wanted to keep things ticking over until things improve.

Also, if you were a flying instructor would there be much difference in annual cost in keeping it current?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
22nd Jul 2009, 09:22
If you dont stay current or have a proficiency check you will need to retake the cpl skills test. Cost maybe £3000+

I am not sure what you mean by this, but I do not think this is the case. Once you have you CPL it is valid for 5 years, and getting it renewed is a paper work and parting of cash to the CAA exercise. The rating you need to keep current is your SEP, as you mentioned.

To answer the second part of your question P1F, even though you have shelled out the cash for your FIC, you will find that you wont need any practice to pass the necessary tests, as your flying skills will be enhanced and you will be current.

Parson
22nd Jul 2009, 11:28
IR only - every other year in sim - £500-600
IR/ME - every other year in a/craft - £2000-2500

can vary on how easy you find it to jump back in the sim/aircraft and get up to speed