PDA

View Full Version : Excell W&B Graph

Paul O'Rourke
21st Jul 2009, 01:16
I saw an excell weight and balance spreadsheet for a chieftain some time back. It had a nice graph on a separate tab with lines joining MTOW - ZFW etc. Does anyone know if this would be programmed using VBA or just straight formulas and graphs in excell:8?

Basil
21st Jul 2009, 08:51
I did one for B747 Classic a few years ago entirely in formulae and graphs with drop down selects for each aircraft, crew and catering config.
Be quite a coupe for a 2yo :)

bnt
21st Jul 2009, 12:09
Probably just a graph. VBA doesn't really give you more functionality, it's more about automating functions that are already there.

The Nr Fairy
21st Jul 2009, 12:15
I did a graph some time ago which only plotted the CG points for TO and LDG masses, and used a static set of data to draw the outline of the CG envelope.

However, using the same principle it should be possible to draw lines linking ZFW, MLW and MTOW using a set of data whose values are updated by calculations elsewhere.

To answer the question properly, no VBA was hurt in the making of my spreadsheet :)

Paul O'Rourke
22nd Jul 2009, 00:34
Basil ...Basil

It is even more poignant when you consider a 2yo knows the difference between a two door car and a notable success!

Just kidding. :}...:)...:ok:

Does anyone want to share their spreadsheet?

Paul

Basil
22nd Jul 2009, 08:51
Just testing, old boy :ok:

Keef
22nd Jul 2009, 10:38
I did a W&B Excel sheet for the Arrow a few years ago.

Didn't work.

I stole a nifty HTML one instead. That lives on our Group website so everyone can do the sums online.