PDA

View Full Version : Low Flypast

collindebe
20th Jul 2009, 22:23
I feel i must complain about BBMF, 3 of there planes being 1 Lancaster Bomber 1 Spitfire and 1 Hurricane overflew my house approx 1 mile from Birmingham airport on heading for the airport The engine noise from 6 merlins was music to the ears .Anyhow my complaint is you failed to wake up an 85 yrs old x Lincoln Bomber Pilot who lives accross the grove from me . Thanks Guys for the low fly by and do come round again a bit slower and 2 circuits next time please ,You made my day last saturday aprox 14 40 18th july

Herod
21st Jul 2009, 09:35
Of course he wouldn't wake up, he was accustomed to sleeping through the noise if he wasn't on the raid.

On a similar theme, the RAF interogation course used to have an element where "prisoners" were hooded and subjected to what can best be described as white noise. It was found that those worst affected were admin personnel, less affected were pilots, and least affected of all were Shackleton pilots. It transpired that the noise was similar to a Shacklebomber in the cruise!

chiglet
21st Jul 2009, 23:44
It transpired that the noise was similar to a Shacklebomber in the cruise!

Rollocks....The Linc had "single" Props, and the Shack had "counter rotating" Props......Even though they were Griffons, it's like comparing a Hunter to a Lightning....'cos they both used Avons....:ugh: