PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Compass Center

Amenhotep
20th Jul 2009, 22:21
Hello,

Does anyone know whether the Compass Center, on the northern perimeter road, still belongs to British Airways or not?

Thanks

Human Factor
20th Jul 2009, 22:32
Not any more. It was returned to the owner - BAA, I think - when Terminal 5 opened. BA only ever leased it.

It's vacant if you want to make them an offer..... :}

VS-LHRCSA
20th Jul 2009, 22:34
As far as I know the building never actually belonged to BA as such but was leased and is now not being used by BA at all.

nuigini
20th Jul 2009, 22:38
I miss the good old Compass Centre. I have never liked the CRC and probably never will like it.

apaddyinuk
21st Jul 2009, 05:08
Yeah me too, I liked being able to sit outside in the sun in the summer and the space of the place. The T5 crc is like a sardine can and totally on show to the public!

wiggy
21st Jul 2009, 06:22
Yep, Compass was leased, BA never owned it....and whilst I agree it was a better facility than T5 CRC it's location sucked - it was a pig to get to and from if you used Public transport, especially if you were dragging a suitcase.

Amenhotep
21st Jul 2009, 08:33
Thank you all for your help. I got confused when I was asked to attend a BAA job interview there.

VS-LHRCSA
21st Jul 2009, 09:59
Yeah, the good old Compost Centre was a bit of a pain to get to. Or when coming off a flight the bus driver wouldn't let you get off at the Queens Building (they weren't really supposed to) and you would have to go all the way to CC just to turn around and come back to the Central Area. I don't miss the 105, 285 and the H30, that's for sure.

nuigini
21st Jul 2009, 10:37
Yeah me too, I liked being able to sit outside in the sun in the summer and the space of the place. The T5 crc is like a sardine can and totally on show to the public!

Agreed! It was nice to sit outside in the summer.

I hate the entrances to the CRC. Either straight into the sitting area where you swipe in or to the coffee shop or. Both areas where everybody can see you. I absolutely hate it!