PDA

View Full Version : Poor journalism..Again

packrat
20th Jul 2009, 12:21
Flight Review Qantas Business Class Sydney to Bangkok Flight QF10
From Travel Blackboard.."the industry's most reliable source"?

Monday, 20 July 2009

There’s always a level of apprehension as the taxi pulls up to Sydney International Airport. It could either be a quick, effortless check in followed by a speedy immigration leaving plenty of time for duty free shopping, or it could be a hard, long slough leaving one running to the gate, despite arriving three hours before ones flight.
Luckily for me, on this occasion, the airport seemed almost eerily empty and after no wait at all, I was checked in and on my way to the fast track queue in immigration and through security.

Deciding to avoid any temptation to shop, I made my way immediately to the Qantas Business Class Lounge, where I was professionally greeted and ushered into the relatively busy room. I have always been slightly disappointed with the lounge, especially when comparing it to other world-class facilities by other carriers in their ‘home’ country, and after a quick look at the snacks on offer, I remember why I always leave feeling it could offer a better service to their premium customers.

Making my way to the gate, I was politely shown to my seat and it never ceases to amaze me why some airline staff never assist with putting my carry-on bag in the overhead compartment seeing the trouble I have, and it’s always one of the fellow customers that come to my rescue.
Settling into my seat, we quickly took off and, as usual, I was asleep. When I woke, at least 10 minutes into the flight, I was desperately thirsty and looking around, noticed nobody had been served yet. It was close to 45 minutes before I received my drink and packets of nuts, and although understanding it was a full flight, I wondered how long it would be till dinner.

The answer came about an hour afterwards, and though presented beautifully, the main course I had chosen, Lamb rack, was one of the last dishes to be served, and came right when the passenger in the seat next to me already finished her fish dish.
Opting to miss dessert, I decided to try out the lie-flat seat, and take a nap. One interesting aspect of the seat is the armrest also declines when converting to a lie-flat position. This makes for a roomier feel when lying down, and easier to get in and out of the seat without having to change the setting.

The flight resumed without too much disruption, though sitting near the galley is never the quietest place on the plane. Stewards did not disrupt passengers to serve refreshments, and instead walked past each one noting if they were awake and wanted something before landing, which I thought was a nice touch and added to the overall comfort of the journey.
Landing in Bangkok Airport the group was greeted by TCEB Staff, and taken to a ‘fast-lane’ immigration channel, which is offered to all MICE groups.
:ugh::ugh::ugh:
1.QF 10 does not fly SYD to BKK..QF 1 does
2.QF10 is an inbound flight from LHR to MEL via SIN
I doubt this guy was even on the flight.... any flight
3.The reason CC dont put luggage in overhead lockers...injury.
The number of CC worldwide who have suffered rotor cuff injuries trying to load very heavy in cabin baggage in overhead lockers is enormous

lowerlobe
21st Jul 2009, 04:13
It could either be a quick, effortless check in followed by a speedy immigration leaving plenty of time for duty free shopping...But in this case......Deciding to avoid any temptation to shop, I made my way immediately to the Qantas Business Class Lounge
In other words...She didn't want to spend any of her money ....
I have always been slightly disappointed with the lounge
...Next time when you are paying your own way try buying some food for a family downstairs when you have to mortgage your home to get lunch....
it never ceases to amaze me why some airline staff never assist with putting my carry-on bag in the overhead compartment seeing the trouble I have
The question here is why is (I assume it is a Woman) she having trouble lifting her bag into the overhead compartment....If this journo is a man then why does he expect another man or a woman to help him?
Is it because she has some genetic problem that precludes her from lifting...or is it that she has packed too much and can't lift it.
I remember why I always leave feeling it could offer a better service to their premium customers.
How is it that a journo on a free ticket is a premium passenger???????
Lucky passenger perhaps but premium.....I don't think so.
we quickly took off and, as usual, I was asleep. When I woke, at least 10 minutes into the flight, I was desperately thirsty and looking around, noticed nobody had been served yet. It was close to 45 minutes before I received my drink and packets of nuts
Perhaps if he/she had stayed awake when the crew walked around taking drink orders the drink would have arrived sooner....of course if the crew had woken said journo and asked what they wanted ...well we know what the response would have been....

The other night there was a story about an aircraft which had a pressurisation issue causing the oxygen masks to deploy.....but in this case the journo called them gas masks....:ugh::ugh::ugh:

makespeed250kt
21st Jul 2009, 05:08
Gee, if I were a hostie, I know what I'd be serving this parasite.

A full size can of harden the F**k up!

That's probably why I'm not a hostie...

Qantas 787
21st Jul 2009, 05:12
If anyone can't lift 7 kgs (the carry on limit), then don't pack a bag of that size?

Sounds like the "writer" didn't have to pay for anything so why is he/she complaining?

jungle juice
21st Jul 2009, 06:08
Sounds like the "writer" didn't have to pay for anything so why is he/she complaining?
I have always found that the people who earn their money and pay their own way are the best passengers.
The customers who have inherited their money or are being paid for by 'a' company or those who are on freebies are the ones who are the biggest pains in the ar$e.These sort always expect the world when they are not even paying for it.
I noticed that he didn't say exactly why the lounge wasn't the best.I bet this was because the company did not give him a first class seat and he had to put up with J/C.
As a premium customer I could understand how upset he must have been not to have been given an upgrade to P/C.:yuk: