PDA

View Full Version : EVA 777 captain arrested in LAX

Agent Mulder
19th Jul 2009, 20:34
oh dear, another pilot with sexual frustration! EVA capt arrested at LAX due to a sexual harressement charge.

Flying Mechanic
21st Jul 2009, 00:34
well innocent until proven guilty! I hope hes wise enough to spend the bucks on a descent lawyer.

Better rumours from the Green building in 330 is keeping Vienna, and starting Bali in september.

etops777
21st Jul 2009, 04:47
Local or an expat?

armchairpilot94116
21st Jul 2009, 05:04
Two Captains in trouble. While googling for this found this incident where an EVA captain was a hero

http://hkadb.net/info/Cheng,_Ronald_(Cheng_Chung-Kei)

Flying Mechanic
21st Jul 2009, 22:40
2's company....3's a crowd!and it was hostie from Dynasty.

armchairpilot94116
25th Jul 2009, 05:31
Any details FM ??

Agent Mulder
28th Jul 2009, 06:26
looking forward to hear what BS will come out the management mouth at these talks.

CANOPUS
2nd Aug 2009, 06:21
Dear armchairpilot,

In fairness to Capt Ronald CHeng please explain how it is that he is a hero as we are unable to view the information your give through the provided hypertext-link. I'm sure Capt Cheng is a good guy but without the information we are left at loose ends.

Many thanks, :)

armchairpilot94116
3rd Aug 2009, 17:28
Looks like the link no longer displays any useful info. And unfortunately I dont remember what it is he did, but it was notable enough that I posted it.

We're so sorry Uncle Albert....

edit:

OK I was able to get more info > Ronald Cheng is a Hong Kong pop star that went berserk on an EVA flight. He is not an EVA captain. Heres some text I was able to find on this incident.

----------------------

A Hong Kong pop star has been arrested for allegedly causing such disruption on a plane carrying him from Los Angeles to Taipei that it had to be diverted to Alaska so he could be ejected.

According to the FBI, the singer - Ronald Cheng - was arrested on Thursday after an Eva Airlines Eva Air Boeing 747, with 365 passengers on board, was diverted to Anchorage.

The 27-year-old singer - also known as Chen Chung Chi - was reportedly drunk and annoying fellow passengers in the first-class area.

The FBI said the singer had lit up cigarettes and was singing loudly, lying on the floor screaming obscenities, and striking and grabbing at least one passenger and crew members. He also held a flight attendant in a headlock.

Hit on the head

The plane's captain eventually subdued Mr Cheng by hitting him on the head with a flashlight.

The singer, believed to hold US citizenship, was taken to an Anchorage hospital, then charged with assault and interfering with flight crew members, the FBI said.

On Friday, Mr Cheng appeared before a US magistrate. Local television reports said the judge ordered him to remain in the custody of his mother, who had flown from California; to remain in Anchorage; and to avoid alcohol and airports.

Mr Cheng is well known for singing in the Canto-pop style - popular in Hong Kong and elsewhere in Asia - where performers sing in the territory's native Cantonese dialect. \

----------------------------------------

Apparently he is now in his mothers custody. And the EVA captain saved the day by "accidentally" hitting him on the head with a heavy flashlight after he had a stewardess in a headlock.

He really deserves serious jail time in my opinion. His mothers custody isnt enough.

411A
4th Aug 2009, 00:31
The standard penalty for this kind of nonsense is 5 years in the Federal slammer.
However, don't know if this applies to foreign (IE: non-US) air carriers.

Flying Mechanic
4th Aug 2009, 01:00
he must of used a Maglite to knock him out....good job I say.:ok:

Edforce1
4th Aug 2009, 04:53
Mama's boy !!!
What a LOSER !!!

armchairpilot94116
4th Aug 2009, 05:12
Now I remember where the EVA captain had wanted to get his autograph upon hearing he was onboard but it turns out to be a different exchange altogether.

I wonder why other passengers didnt get involved? I wouldve if some idiot threatened the safety of everyone onboard including myself and the flight crew were seemingly unable to handle the situation.

I would think that flying over US Airspace enables US Law to apply, foreign carrier or not. IN addtion the perp could face trial in the country of registry as well.

smiling monkey
4th Aug 2009, 08:07
Looks like the link no longer displays any useful info.

Here it is (http://tinyurl.com/kpt8vs). (You need to close the brackets in the URL)

http://hkadb.net/info/Cheng,_Ronald_(Cheng_Chung-Kei) (http://tinyurl.com/kpt8vs))

I don't think the pilot mentioned in this article is the same as the one that's arrested in LAX so I don't see the relevance of the link.