View Full Version : rizon' & fallin'

pt-wind
19th Jul 2009, 16:40
Hear RJ Bahrain home base is to close but as the company has just gained a Qatar operator certificate I guess it's moving to Doha? It started-up in London also but business seems to be non-exitsent there with four aircraft idle(CL6 and PRM1). CP seems to have moved on as well.

Aeroscreens
20th Jul 2009, 14:03
From what I've heard Rizon flew one of their 604s last weekend so must be starting to fly. It appears the previous operator of the 604s went bankrupt and many of the maintenance records were missing. The word is they will soon have their AOC.

tyndalljet
21st Jul 2009, 16:37
Just heard Rizon is recruiting for 604 and Global Express. How far this is true

onhmss
29th Jul 2009, 01:36
I understand this move to Doha has already started with staff and aircraft re-locating there, including a reduction in the Sharjah operation's staff. Are they keeping the UAE AOC ?

Why move when they have a clear playing field in Bahrain after Bexair shuting up shop to all intents and purposes. Money saving after spending too much elsewhere ? I guess someone is tugging the financial rope. Not unusual these days I guess.
Any new info ?

ONHMSS

tyndalljet
17th Aug 2009, 01:35
Pond life,

Hello, got an info that Rizon seriously looking for GLEX crew to be based in Doha and told me to apply,but reading all the lay offs and shutting down bases in Bahrain & Sharjah worries me..have you any better information. Care to share..thx..

Fat Clemenza
17th Aug 2009, 02:33
THere's also a company named prestige jet that has a base in Bahrain.

Cyberdragon
17th Aug 2009, 12:11
I see no reason to worry about working for Rizon anymore than with any other company. Sure they have an aggressive plan which looks odd when compared with the rest of the market. To be fair though, this was probably drawn up in happier times. Looks like they're going head to head with Qatar Executive out of Doha.

Never understood the project at Biggin Hill though...

pt-wind
17th Aug 2009, 13:31
Taxied past their Biggin facility twice in the last month and on both occasions it was dead. Unfinished, no one working, nothing going on. Aircraft all parked. The big plan doesn't seem to be in evidence looking from the outside. Mind you, the whole airport was quiet as well.

Miles Magister
17th Aug 2009, 19:17
Their CEO always has agressive marketing plans. I would expect the reasoning behind the Biggin project is that they will need UK support facilities if the main run is UK to the ME and where better than next door to the CEO's house. Also a hotel close to Biggin will fill a hole in the market.

MM

protogenio
17th Aug 2009, 21:28
Are Rizon buying the ex- Oceansky challengers?

hawker750
18th Aug 2009, 08:56
Where better than next to the CEO's previous employment location with a "I have now got a much bigger and shinier one than yours" notice attached to the hangar doors

LGW Vulture
18th Aug 2009, 14:23
I suspect that Rizon would like to get their Managed 604s flying before they purchase anything outright! Now, where did that AOC get to ....... ? :ouch:

eghi r20
18th Aug 2009, 16:01
Someone told me the new Rizon hotel was going to be called “rize n shine” don’t think I believe it though.... ;)

Cyberdragon
19th Aug 2009, 14:08
Any work for 604's Vulture? How is the heavy jet market these days?

LGW Vulture
19th Aug 2009, 15:54
Current market is making this type tough it out - not easy would be the phrase I´d use!

Cyberdragon
19th Aug 2009, 20:04
That's what I figured Vulture. Maybe they are delaying things (AOC, hangar etc) until things look a little brighter. God knows what the owner of those three 604's is thinking.

I'm sure Rizon have plenty of backing behind them but even these guys must have concerns. After all Jet Republic had $millions but I understand that they have been shut down today.

Tough times!

LGW Vulture
7th Sep 2009, 08:24
"....Where better than next to the CEO's previous employment location......."

Now ex-CEO! :eek::uhoh:

Phil Latterly
7th Sep 2009, 11:40
House of cards
...and the EGKB & OBBI TAFs are gusting 40kt xwind

onhmss
7th Sep 2009, 14:09
Has will departed rizon then ?

Von Klinkerhoffen
7th Sep 2009, 14:18
:D:D:D obviously more fallin' than rizon' !

LGW Vulture
7th Sep 2009, 15:07
"Has will departed rizon then ?"

Affirmative!

Cyberdragon
7th Sep 2009, 16:04
My advice is that his successor should start by having a good look at what is going on at Biggin Hill. As I've said before, I've never understood that part of the operation.

G-TTTT
7th Sep 2009, 17:26
Cyberdragon: My advice is that his successor should start by having a good look at what is going on at Biggin Hill....

No AOC, no sales, no revenue, no website, no viable contracts; plenty of staff, plenty of overheads, and a bl**dy big empty hangar, with unfinished offices. Oh...and by his own PR statements they spent $17m on it, so plenty of debt.

NuName
8th Sep 2009, 04:10
Why are so many of the posts so negative? I think its great to see a big shiney new hanger appear, and, hopefuly, full of big shiney aircraft one day. Do folks out there derive some kind of pleasure from the demise of companies such as these?

S.F.L.Y
8th Sep 2009, 05:57
Why are so many of the posts so negative? I think its great to see a big shiney new hanger appear, and, hopefuly, full of big shiney aircraft one day. Do folks out there derive some kind of pleasure from the demise of companies such as these?

Well, it's more than a year they are building a website... this isn't really showing commercial motivation...

NuName
8th Sep 2009, 07:39
Well thats true, but, the work progresses on the hanger, planning permission has been granted for the hotel. In the current financial climate if things are a bit slow what the hell as long as they get there.

Daifly
8th Sep 2009, 08:14
hangAr

We are in aviation, we should spell it correctly.

Best regards,

Spelling Police

Von Klinkerhoffen
8th Sep 2009, 08:35
Well , for Curtis it seems hangEr may be the more appropriate spelling ! Guess his loyal , but not greedy , followers must be quaking in their boots too without his protection now...oh how the mighty fall :mad: !

Cyberdragon
8th Sep 2009, 09:32
Who said anything about the demise of this company?

NuName
8th Sep 2009, 11:29
Cyberdragon
I did, ok, because if you look at all the posts that seems to be the underlying insinuation.

Daifly
Hope my spelling is ok for you.:rolleyes: Guess you never have a typo in haste. Anyway, you say were are in aviation, I might be in the garment industry.

Best of luck to Rizon, just what is needed right now, a bit of confidence in the market. And presumably, a few jobs for folks.

pt-wind
8th Sep 2009, 11:53
Nu name: Rizon will survive and get stronger simply because those "loyal, but not greedy, followers" that remain will switch to a corporate agenda focused on their survival. The previous protagonist has spent a lifetime running to his personal agenda, regardless of what it did to his loyal followers. Being abandoned by him twice in two years will not go unnoticed. Good luck to them today - they deserve a better boss

Von Klinkerhoffen
8th Sep 2009, 15:28
Wise words pt-wind , wise words :D:D:D

Daifly
8th Sep 2009, 16:01
NuName - I said "we are", not "were", which in any case would actually be "we're" - with the apostrophe. And for clarity "thats" also has an apostrophe, making it "that's". :ok:

I think we do have confidence in the industry, but perhaps not so much confidence in everyone who works in it.

"Abandoned"? Well, once bitten, twice shy. Let's hope they learn from it then as they obviously didn't the first time.

(I don't know why I'm being so antagonistic today. Sorry).

StressFree
8th Sep 2009, 17:06
Fool me once - shame on you
Fool me twice - shame on me

:eek:

just.drill.it.out
8th Sep 2009, 19:27
heard today that the group D.O.M and the Q.A, who if anyone knows are Curtis followers have also left...how many more to go??

Cyberdragon
8th Sep 2009, 19:53
PT-WIND Are you sure they are loyal to their leader or are they just loyal to their wallets?!

JUST DRILL is informed. Laurel and Hardy, so sorry, the Director of Maintenance and the Director of Quality have also left. Like their beloved leader, they also have recruited good people whom are now high and dry in an organization that is suddenly having a reality check. The story goes, and this may not be correct, that this double act are heading for the Maldives. Can anyone confirm please?

What does BHAL make of all this? Still pushing on with the hotel?

Von Klinkerhoffen
8th Sep 2009, 20:26
Have heard the same rumour too regarding Laurel and Hardy !

NuName
8th Sep 2009, 22:44
No one can deny the investment in Biggin Hill. If? you all are real players in the future of GA in the UK you should be supportive. Even if I spelt it wrong.

pt-wind
9th Sep 2009, 07:04
The bosses of RBS thought they were 'investing' when they acquired ABN-Amro; they just happened to take the world to the brink of economic collapse. No one can deny Rizon have invested in EGKB; but investment must be productive, creating real sustainable long term jobs and prosperity, not a quick spark that extinguishes others in the process. Where are the jobs? Where is the new business that will create more jobs?
All WC did was move a few people around, create a false market, pay short term silly money, and leave lives and careers the worse off. Bit like Jet Republic. If we are ever to climb out of this recession, we need sensible sales-concentrated efforts to increase trade and hence create growth. You can count the sum total of new clients of JR and RJ on the fingers of one hand (and still have free ones to pick your nose)... and those clients only switched from other businesses.

Business needs to get off this marketing merry-go-round, stop the hype and get back to justifying bizav to a wider community. That, Nu Name, is when we should endorse 'investment' in our industry, not by building an over-rpiced empty shell of a hangar that, as of today, has no customers knocking on the front door.

NuName
9th Sep 2009, 08:08
Is Rizon's new hangar overpriced? Just an empty shell? How could one speculate on their potential business unless one was privy to their business plan. It is clear that they have invested a great deal of money in the project, so one would imagine they gave it a great deal of thought before doing so. I for one have shown interest in placing an aircraft there, and may well do so. The facility will provide for engineering, hangarage and a high level VIP lounge, just what I and many others need, not to mention the sorely needed hotel. The jobs will not arrive before the facilities will they?
That, pt-wind, is when we should recognise the fact that investment is a calculated risk that has to go before the reward of successful business. That hangar will be a great asset at Biggin where hangarage of medium to large business jets is at a premium. Seems to me that some folks have an agenda behind their negativity.

spannerbearer
9th Sep 2009, 09:36
Ive been watching Rizons progress at EGKB with some interest. As a licenced engineer with Biz jet types its always good to see new investment in our field. I hope the plan does work out and the hangar does live up to expectations

Romaro
9th Sep 2009, 19:15
I wonder how much those nice Middle Eastern chappies might accept for their sooper-dooper shiny, almost completed big whopper hangar?

Happy to place $5m on the table today, cash.

Will be great in three years time perhaps, but a disaster between now and then. Have you got the patience to stick it out a few years, or do you want to cut your losses and concentrate on less fickle enterprises?

Great to see the investment, just a bit too late - or too early depending on your perspective.

Wing Commander
9th Sep 2009, 20:21
NuName - well said.

I agree there are definitely some people on here who appear to have a hidden agenda. pt-wind and G-TTT (or are you perhaps one and the same person? := ) why are you so negative about Rizon I wonder? Too close for comfort perhaps?

Rizon have brought much-needed investment to EGKB, so good luck to them I say.

pt-wind
10th Sep 2009, 10:59
Wing Cdr: If you read my post I actually wrote “Rizon will survive and get stronger”. I distinguished between the company and its (ex) leader. Speaking for myself, I am not negative about the company, but looking through this thread there is a noticeable absence of people praising him for what he achieved. Where are the happy clients, happy owners, happy employees? Where are the happy investors, business partners, employers, and ex-employers, going right back? Where are the happy contractors on site?
All of the top personnel that he brought in at the beginning have flown. And you’ll find a large number of people in the UK and the Gulf, who have come out badly having bumped into him. Ask yourself why. Is there some advice here for others in the future? Absolutely.

And I am with you and others: it is a nice shiny hangar and in 2012 it’ll be full, which is why I said at the outset “Rizon will survive and get stronger”. No If’s, But’s or negatives. We should wish them well and thank them for their investment. They need to get their return now.

tyndalljet
14th Sep 2009, 15:18
PPP,

Check your PM

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Sep 2009, 20:25
That is not too bad......a typical Hawker Pilot is getting no more than 7kus in Dubai, and the per diem is average.

Not certain just what level of accomodation you will expect or be able to afford. IF you have NO liabilities at home, then this is a good offer.

As to duty hours etc, etc, I suggest you accept the inevitable.

glf

tyndalljet
7th Oct 2009, 15:01
PPP,

I bet he's still around. A reliable info tells me he's starting his initial training in Montreal.

x933
7th Oct 2009, 18:33
One of the British CL604's operated a GVA-NHT today for Rizon - anyone know if their AOC's been granted? If it has, then in the words of comic book man "Worst - Product Launch - Ever"...:E

S.F.L.Y
7th Oct 2009, 19:09
anyone know if their AOC's been granted? If it has, then in the words of comic book man "Worst - Product Launch - Ever"...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif
Just like their website... under construction for the past 1 and half year.

Brendonlee7
23rd Nov 2009, 22:48
Anyone have contact info at Rizon or know if they are hiring on the Premier? Any help appreciated!

B200Drvr
24th Nov 2009, 06:29
Have not seen the Premier's flying in the Middle East for ages, story/ rumor has it that they didn't quite look into the max fuel temp on the P1 before they bought them, which is 40c, this a daily occurrence during summer, so they cant fly most of the year. Just what I heard a year or so back.

Phil Latterly
24th Nov 2009, 10:06
It ferried to the UK and has developed a liking for the pastures in the Oxfordshire countryside, where temps are lower, and grazing is good. Yet to be introduced to a fare-paying passenger, or to find a reason for its own existence.

Cyberdragon
24th Nov 2009, 12:50
Did Rizon obtain their AOC then?

Brendonlee7
24th Nov 2009, 19:13
Phil do you know who will be operating the premier and or any contact info?