PDA

View Full Version : Advance Passenger Information for Czech Republic

The late XV105
18th Jul 2009, 21:46
I have been flying between the UK and the Czech Republic many times a year for over a decade and have never been asked to provide API prior to travel. This includes for my flight to Prague on Tuesday this coming week that I booked a few days ago and for my trip also booked a few days ago for Christmas and New Year.

On booking a flight just now for my parents to travel out and join the Czech half of the family over new year however, I have been asked to provide API for them.

This is no problem and I will provide it but I'm puzzled as to why given that a Google search didin't return a law change.

Gremlin in the works, blanket switch to always requesting it by easyJet, or something else?

Cheers,
XV105

G-BPED
18th Jul 2009, 22:37
I believe that a recent EU directive has recently come into effect that will require API to be supplied by the airline for all flights originating in the UK and Ireland with a destination in one of the European Union States.

Some EU states are not requesting this information yet, but the situation is obviously going to change over the coming months.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

G-BPED

The late XV105
18th Jul 2009, 23:23
TVM, G-BPED. It just seemed odd to have been introduced between two non significant dates (last Tuesday and today) with respect to two non significant dates [20th December when I travel (no API) and 29th December when my parents join me (API)]