PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating Courses

Fitnesspilot737
18th Jul 2009, 17:43
I heard recently of a guy who paid £30,000 for a TR on a 747-200 and it included 500hrs paid line flying. This course is no longer available but what I was wondering is...does anyone know of other TR courses that provide line flying, paid or not paid???? The specific type of aircraft or cost does not matter. Im just very curious

adverse-bump
18th Jul 2009, 20:14
ow dear

just give me your 30k, and i'll get you a job (but you have to buy your own hat with the little M on)

Johnny Bekkestad
18th Jul 2009, 20:47
Tried to read a little about this and i do get the idea that there is two ways to look at this "oportunity"

1. You pay a certain amount of money and work for free in order to get your TR and some 500 or so hours on your choise of aircraft.
2. You pay a certain amount of money to get your TR and some 500 or so hours on your choise of aircraft. Just like any other kind of training or timebuilding package.

Depending on what "hat" you wear, meaning how you look at it. It will either be a bad choise or a good one.

BR
Johnny

ReverseFlight
19th Jul 2009, 06:01
Cormactrolan, without expressing a view as to the merit of such programs, here's the link you need : https://pilot.cae.com/Careers.aspx

Happy landings.

Fitnesspilot737
19th Jul 2009, 18:16
I had a look at that site previously but no actual fliying time is included. I guess on completion of te courses offered you will be put in a hold pool until the stituation arises that the company need you. CRAZY MONEY though