PDA

View Full Version : Indian Flight Cancellations-Interesting Data-

IndAir967
18th Jul 2009, 12:49
All data removed.. as DGCA has a screwed up team which keeps changing numbers ...
So All Flights are On time.. No cancellations !

IndAir967
18th Jul 2009, 12:51
and yeah i forgot.. for some reason paramount's figures were not given..
and yeah the source is DGCA website..
cheers !

av8r76
18th Jul 2009, 15:00
...some threads suggest that there are snakes and rabbits inside the airline...

Priceless.:D

IndAir967
18th Jul 2009, 17:46
1. With rates per 100 departures rather than just a static number - 16% of 1000 departures might be the same performance as 0.2% of 2 departures when it comes to the actual number of passengers inconvenienced.
2. Breakdown of what caused the cancellations; maintenance, spare parts, crews and a lack thereof, weather - one mid winter storm here in the Midwest would easily decimate NWA's cancellation performance for a month.
3. Aircraft types - one fleet may have a more restrictive MEL at one airline than another, and thus a cancellation for one type is a departure for another. For example the cancellation rate for NWA A320's was always higher than the cancellation rate for the same Air Canada fleet because NWA's MEL's were far more restrictive.
4. Most useful is whether this is a one month phenomenon or a trend. One set of data doesn't really give you a broader view of comparitive performance.
5. These data are basically arse wipe.

I definitely appreciate your knowledge, understanding and deep analyzing skills of Airline Operations but one thing uve missed out is you are talking about Go Air here and let me share with you my experience with go air (this happened before I came into aviation)4 years back .. I had booked an Mumbai - Bangalore ticket for a friday and on wednesday evening I receive an information(SMS) that the flight has been cancelled due to techinical snag :D!

IndAir967
18th Jul 2009, 17:48
Priceless.:D
....................:cool:

Robin Jain
22nd Jul 2009, 06:45
the number shown against Jet Airways is cancelled due combining two flights due poor load & mainly on Del-Bom and Bom-Del sector on which it runs about 12 service a day.

Arcane
24th Jul 2009, 19:29
Where did you get that ? The figures as on the DGCA website are as follows:

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS (JUNE 2009)

Average Rate of Cancellation- 1.8%
- NACIL (I) & Alliance Air - 1.1%
- Jet Airways - 4.1%
- JetLite - 2.4%
- Kingfisher Airlines - 1.5%
- Spicejet - 1.3%
- Go Air - 0.3%
- ParaMount Airways - 16.0%
- IndiGo - 0.2%
- MDLR Airlines - 2.6%

OPERATOR (http://dgca.nic.in/reports/seat-ind.htm)

PS: Not that I care, but this kind of makes your other point(s) about Go Air rather, well, senseless...

vivekh
26th Jul 2009, 19:02
I guess a better comparison would only occur with absolute numbers, rather than percentages...

Paramount for example, does not have as many flights as the other airlines, and hence even though it might have cancelled lesser absolute flights, the percentage is much higher than the rest...

Arcane
26th Jul 2009, 19:59
Well, that's really the whole point of percentages... :}

ABCD Pilot
25th Aug 2009, 05:31
I'm not sure where you got these numbers, but paramount shows 3.9% on the dgca website:

OPERATOR (http://dgca.nic.in/reports/pass-ind.htm)

Unless you are claiming these numbers are wrong, which then how do we know the other airlines are correct?