PDA

View Full Version : Need guidance about DGCA / JAA

AviatorVette
18th Jul 2009, 03:44
Hi, I am in California right now .. I am a private pilot and I have my Instrument checkride next week ( Hope it goes well ).. I will complete my training here in about 2 months. I am really confused, I dont know if I should go to India for ground classes and clear my DGCA papers or if I should appear for the JAA Frozen ATPL exams. From my research, I have read that an airline called "Paramount Airways" in India is expanding and they need first officers. What do you think about this airline. If I get my JAA license I am planning on applying to Qatar airways / Emirates ( Emirates doesnt look good right now ). Please throw in some suggestions here. Thank you.:ok:

BritishGuy
18th Jul 2009, 04:11
Not to pour water on your ambitions right now, but personally I'd look at it like this:

a) Do I have EU citizenship? If no - then don't bother with a JAA ticket as you probably won't be able to work for a European airline

b) Do you have the minimum requirements for Qatar and Emirates? You say you have a Private and are working on your Instrument. From that I'd assume you are about 4 years (minimum) away from the minimum requirements of either airline.

With both a and b (above) probably not in your favour currently (and for the near future) I'd got with place c (below).

c) Go and do your DGCA conversions and then join the LONG line in applying the the Indian airlines.

Sorry if anything above sounds harsh. It's just the truth. I wish you the best of success in your career.

AviatorVette
18th Jul 2009, 04:20
OK I dont have my Eu citizenship. I am an indian citizen with American permanent residency. My dad is a pilot in Qatar airways flying the 777-300ER and he was telling me about the Frozen ATPL exams where you basically give your exams and join the airline and it gets Unfrozen when you get 1500 ++ hours.. He wants me to appear for the DGCA examinations and apply for a couple of airlines in India and after that do my JAA.