PDA

View Full Version : Please remind me. File monitor or somesuch.

Loose rivets
17th Jul 2009, 05:00
My only surviving disc is being got at. I have to keep pressing the Stop Loading X to stop the little circle rotating. Time and time again.

What was the program that amplified the functions of Task Manager...the one with the full listing of activities?

One's brain is failing fast.:(

R

Bushfiva
17th Jul 2009, 06:29
Process Explorer.

Saab Dastard
17th Jul 2009, 13:32
Fdisk.

;)

Sd

Loose rivets
17th Jul 2009, 16:33
Thanks Bushfiva, that's the one.

Careful SD. There's a real possibility I might do it! :ooh:

Edit to say, it's not doing it this morning. Wouldn't stop last night. It was okay on the Cadillac forum, which uses the same software. I started to say that it was just Pprune, but then it did it on my SBC Yahoo mail.

CCleaner was ineffectual, as was re-booting. Trouble is, every second I spend playing with computers is taking me off ever more pressing tasks. Pity, I used to love it when I was in the business.

Saab Dastard
17th Jul 2009, 17:22
If you are talking about web pages loading, or seemingly continuing to load for a long time, it probably isn't your PC - it's likely the website's problem.

Many webpages are composites with bits coming from multiple sources, including caches and advertising sites, not all of which are working or responding quickly enough at any one time.

Also, it might be a script or ActiveX control that your browser is blocking that is waiting for a response, so the server never finishes sending the page.

SD

Loose rivets
18th Jul 2009, 00:47
That's interesting...I hadn't viewed it from that angle. Thanks.