PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

Ingeniero
16th Jul 2009, 21:06
I've recently completed a National Certificate in Aerospace Engineering to Distinction Standard. From September I am due to begin studying for a Foundation Degree in Aerospace Engineering and sit the EASA B1 Licence exams over a two year period. However, this is all theory with very little practical experience which, I think, will make it difficult finding a job after I have (hopefully) successfully completed the B1 exams.

I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that would give me any work experience on live aircraft. Anything would be great - periods of days, weeks etc. Any experience is better than no experience!

Also, I wouldn't be expecting to be paid!!

TURIN
17th Jul 2009, 00:28
Also, I wouldn't be expecting to be paid!!

Try BA.

The current full time staff are being asked to work for free so you should be able to slot right in.

Good Luck. :ok:

primreamer
17th Jul 2009, 10:33
Try getting in touch with the engineering departments of various airlines and see if they can help you. We've had work experience lads spend some time with us recently so if you don't get much response drop me a PM.

Miles Gustaph
17th Jul 2009, 13:52
Your profile says the north east... especially since your probably looking for casual work my I suggest that you talk nicely to the helicopter team that operates from near to the arena, they may be interested in a helper in exchange for experience.