PDA

View Full Version : Emirates " Thanks I will fly with someone else "

boe777
16th Jul 2009, 19:51
After reading various threads on this forum about Emirates, one is led to believe that an Airline that most of us considered as one of the best in all aspects ie; the size of its fleet, modern aircrafts and customer service is actually stressing out its most valuable asset " The flight Crew " to the limit, with its working policy, fuel policy etc etc..

Just to mention few on this forum
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/381450-emirates-a345-tail-strike-captain-breaks-his-silence.html

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/378793-stress-levels-emirates.html

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/377525-more-flying-fumes-ek.html

Is it safe to fly Emirates ? do most Airlines have similar traits ?

Have flown with Qatar, AI , Continental, United, Alitalia, BA, KLM, Gulf, Virgin and AirFrance.. I was thinking of flying with EK I am not so sure now...

Your opinion..

smudgethecat
16th Jul 2009, 21:17
I dont really think a spotters forum is the best place to obtain informed balanced opinion tbh ,all i can say is ive worked on emirates aircraft, have dealt with their crews, MOC etc and flown with them numerous times, never found them to be anything but a very professional outfit, if your that worried catch the boat.

boe777
16th Jul 2009, 21:50
smudgethecat,
It is not about catching the boat at all, if a reputed organisation is driving its employees nuts.. eventually, that would effect on morale, which would one day result in disaster.. or a string of disasters..
Please dont get me wrong, these guys are Professionals and they know what they are doing, but at the end of the day, they are humans and not androids or flybywire robots.

BYALPHAINDIA
17th Jul 2009, 04:08
EK have 'Always' been overated.

Re - The A345 incident ( Humans are not interely machines and WILL cease up without adequate rest etc)

powerstall
17th Jul 2009, 04:37
It's what you call Good Advertising. :ok: Not to mention being a major sponsor for a Premier League team. :E

trimotor
17th Jul 2009, 04:43
You don't seriously think you will get a balanced opinion around here do you? (especially if the spelling demonstarted is anytghing to go by).

Avman
17th Jul 2009, 09:01
In the past year or two Emirate's once exceedingly high customer service levels has deteriorated. This could be down to poor training, low employee morale, or fatigue. From what I hear the main problem is that crews are being worked to the absolute limits. A tired crew in the cabin can result in a poor disinterested service. A tired crew on the F/D could, in a Swiss cheese scenario, result in a serious incident or even accident. Are they safe enough to fly on? All I can say is that the above applies to most of today's carriers, so they're no less safer than anyone else.

411A
17th Jul 2009, 10:14
A very balanced reply, Avman, and one I can certainly agree with.

MATMAX
17th Jul 2009, 10:17
Avman :All I can say is that the above applies to most of today's carriers, so they're no less safer than anyone else.

Not completly wrong but , how do you know ?
What do you know about their Engineering & Maintenance ?

Avman
17th Jul 2009, 18:49
MATMAX, to shorten my post I focused on CC and FD. However, my answer is valid for all.

I could not possibly comment on the origin of my sources :oh::suspect:;)

TIMA9X
18th Jul 2009, 14:54
A tired crew in the cabin can result in a poor disinterested service. A tired crew on the F/D could, in a Swiss cheese scenario, result in a serious incident or even accident.

How true, :D Bean counters take note! I can think of an incident in YMML (MML) not long ago that may relate to this.

apaddyinuk
18th Jul 2009, 19:44
Well you would be a fool to think that no other airline was doing the same. Qatar, Etihad and most of the middle east airlines are the biggest offenders as they do not have unions to protect the conditions of the staff!

Air Tourer
19th Jul 2009, 05:40
Trimotor, "demonstarted". is this irony? Sure we can get a ballanced opinion here. This forum is famous for the pilots ready to criticise anyone and everyone. Heck, I do it all the time.

The test? Just wondering if I get on here, the moderation is very severe up at rumers etc. (Or maybe my posts are very substandard)

On topic? Um. yeah. Fly with Emerates? maybe. One could say they sack those who can't hack it. But then if all/most are too tired, how many are still an accident waiting to happen? In the end it's all up to the general public who they travel with, which seems to hinge on cabin service and price.

So, the chief pilot reckons this is the place for me to get answers. I suspect I'm still at the mercy of kind posters whom I haven't put to sleep.
We'll see when I think up something from reading the pro's argueing.
John.

TIMA9X
19th Jul 2009, 14:54
The test? Just wondering if I get on here, the moderation is very severe up at rumers etc. (Or maybe my posts are very substandard)

On topic? Um. yeah. Fly with Emerates?

Boe777 raised what I call a cross-over question quoting from other comments on this site. The moderator has been very fair and most posts very valid.

Yep I too got booted off by some moderators too, but I have to respect their decision. It is my view that this is the best website for aviation catering for all categories in today's aviation world.

Every airline has a bad run from time to time in the press over an/some incidents that occur from time to time, many undeservedly might I add.

If I had to fly Emirates tomorrow personally I wouldn't think twice about it, EK are a good airline.

MATMAX
27th Jul 2009, 10:15
Avman
What do you think about Mechanics who get 2 screwdrivers and pliers in their bags to work on aircrafts ?
For me , a good Mechanic has good tools.
Luckily , both Airbus and Boeing A/C are good ...