PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Easy Way To Make Jeppesen Check List (Merged)

mikel07
16th Jul 2009, 18:18
Can Someone Help Me About Making Jeppesen Check List And Are There Any Easyway ????

mikel07
16th Jul 2009, 18:23
I Need Urgently Help About Jeppesen Missing Pages.i Couldn't Solve This Problem.which Way Is Best To Solve Jeppesen.

Little Blue
16th Jul 2009, 20:42
Which checks are you looking for?

mikel07
16th Jul 2009, 21:25
ı want to solve the mıssıng jeppesen pages problem on aırplane. day by day ıt ıs goıng up.what ıs the best way to prevent to be lost ın the plane the jeppesen charts(hardcopıes).and also makıng all the pages checked and completed.are teher any way to make them easıer.

Grasscarp
16th Jul 2009, 22:15
If the crews are taking the pages out and taking them away this needs to be raised with them. Have you told the chief pilot your problem. If sheets go missing and then are needed they are the ones that will be in trouble so I would hope that he would take this seriously.

peterc
17th Jul 2009, 07:38
Dont any of you know about the plate fairy who comes in the nights and removes Jepps plates from the aircraft.How many times have we all got the call (the take off plates are missing of this a/c ) Its the plate fairy obviously !!!!!!.
Try searching the nav bags of inbound crew . You will never get them to admit it but they do sometimes inadvertently pick them up by mistake !!!

Lauderdale
17th Jul 2009, 11:21
Jeppesen offer a service whereby they do the manuals amendments and flight deck delivery for you. Bi-monthly seems to be the popular option. Loads of UK based airlines do it this way......

desertopsguy
20th Jul 2009, 11:11
We use tailored manuals so all that uneccessary crap is excluded and the manual is smaller, easier to handle and easier to update. That's then backed up with the online version, Jeppview. Anything that is missing from the manual can be downloaded from there, printed off and inserted.

Further to that, need discipline on your crews. You wouldn't go to a restuarant and walk off with a menu and couple of knives n forlks when you're done, same deal with gear on the aircraft, leave it where you find it.

Failing that, giving them their own set would place the onus on them to keep it updated but that's the more expensive option.

All the best.
D.O.G

ASCOT Ops Retd
29th Jul 2009, 15:00
I inherited some...mmm...poorly maintained Jeppys a few months ago, and while I managed to incorporate the 20ish amendments that were sat idly next to the books (...it's a frame of mind), I checked with a mate at Jepp for a means to confirm that previous amendments had been incorporated - stuff like Tripoli's 1983 STAR etc - amazingly he said that Joe Pilot has no way of confirming if a paper plate is up to date.

Whilst it is undoubtedly a gap in the safety market, it doesn't make money, so it doesn't get done.

Lauderdale
30th Jul 2009, 08:58
So there are two ways of updating your manuals - either you do it yourself (individually as a pilot or as a company) or you have Jepp do it for you (including delivery to the aircraft if you wish).

In case of the latter you will know your manuals are up to date, in the case of the former there really must lie some onus and responsibility with the operator to ensure amendment sheets are signed etc.

Otherwise a good old ramp check will seperate the boys from the men! :E

Buzzz
30th Jul 2009, 17:02
Or if possible go electronic, then you will know if you are out of date in a few seconds, and if you are, become up to date in a few minutes...

Cheers,

Buzzz

PT6A
30th Jul 2009, 21:32
What do you guys think about booklets for airports on your route network and the standard loose leaf manuals for any airports that might be needed in case of diversion.

The booklets last longer and it is harder to misplace a booklet than one page of tissue paper!

PT6A

Personally I have printed my own set of charts for all the airports on the network from our website version of the airway manual - that way I know I have my own charts that are complete and fully upto date.

Lauderdale
31st Jul 2009, 07:45
Indeed electronic is the way forward apart from being 100% sure you always have the most up to date charts there are a multitude of other benefits as well (but that's for a different thread...). As a matter of fact not far from where I am based Miami Air is completely paperless. Not sure what the deal is in Europe though.....anyone know of any paperless operators outthere?

In regards to the booklets: POD/POA booklets and loose leaf alternates does seem a popular option. Pilots love the booklets for sure and does indeed have the added benefit of being 'revision friendly'.

Pt6A - what type of operation (nr a/c) do you need to manage?