PDA

View Full Version : ryanair protest at ashes

the grim repa
15th Jul 2009, 07:53
Airline protesters interrupt Test | Cricket News | The Ashes - England v Australia 2009 | Cricinfo.com (http://www.cricinfo.com/engvaus2009/content/current/story/413910.html)

Fair dinkum!!

A and C
15th Jul 2009, 10:23
While I don't suport this type of disruptive protest the guy has a point, it would be interesting to see the numbers of people who pay for training at Ryanair (and other airlines) only to find then selfs in a "holding pool" as soon as the line training is over.

CABUS
15th Jul 2009, 11:34
Great to see someone standing up to Ryanair, WELL DONE!! :ok:

gdiphil
15th Jul 2009, 11:40
Why would anyone pay for their own training in any job? I understand that a person might wish to take a course etc in order to show they are qualified on their c.v. and application form, but once employed I am amazed that a person would pay for on the job training. If that is the state of the industry you work in I say don't bother working in it. If everyone took that approach employers would wake up and value staff. I speak as SLF and a frequent flyer over the past 40 years or so. If it means I can't fly because airlines go bankrupt, so be it, I will go by sea, land whatever. I can even get a bus to Oz now from London!

autobrake3
15th Jul 2009, 13:13
Where've you been for the last 10+ years ? Ryanair have always screwed their pax and employees.

Rainboe
15th Jul 2009, 14:08
Pathetic! MOL will be laughing at yet more free publicity while he dreams up the next publicity wheeze. Charging for toilets was a good one. Priceless. The protestors were idiots, and they were spoiling a game for people relaxing in their spare time. Fools.

16th Jul 2009, 16:45
Err just what exactly are you shoving up your nose??