PDA

View Full Version : Lido - who use it?

HHI OPS
14th Jul 2009, 18:26
Hey guys,

I was wondering which airlines work with LIDO?
I know already:

LTU/Air Berlin
KLM
Lufthansa

merlinxx
14th Jul 2009, 18:55
I use a Lido, tis full of water, can't control it:{ Is that yr CFP/Dispatch prog:}

boredcounter
15th Jul 2009, 08:56
DHK/BCS (DHL Air UK / European air transport)
BOX(?) (AeroLogic)

The above may show a trend ;-)

QTR/QR used to, not sure about now.

j_davey
15th Jul 2009, 10:18
Csa do ...i think?

Lauderdale
15th Jul 2009, 11:17
The girls & boys in Hangar89 do as well.....apparantly it doesn't do exactly what it said it would do on the tin......apparantly the advertising standards agency is getting involved!

:}

Endeavour
15th Jul 2009, 14:51
bmi have used LIDO for A330 dispatch since 2001.

Nuwan
15th Jul 2009, 16:23
QR still uses Lido...
It seems Lido is much easier than others....

HHI OPS
15th Jul 2009, 19:35
BMI A330 OFPs are planned by Lufthansa Dispatch in FRA

zamil
15th Jul 2009, 21:25
Emirates use Lido as well...

HHI OPS
16th Jul 2009, 12:45
They do? Since when?

jackdaniels
16th Jul 2009, 14:41
Alitalia and BA uses lido... until now the best software in the market

ferratini
16th Jul 2009, 16:59
TAP Portugal.

Austin_Danger_Powers
19th Jul 2009, 08:13
here are some Lido user:

- Qantas
- Air Canada ( 1st external customer )
- United Airlines
- Tunisair
- Lufthansa
- Lufthansa Cargo
- Lufthansa Cityline
- Condor
- Swiss
- Easy Jet
- Emirates
- Kuwait Air
- Fed ex
- Korean
- Qatar Air
- Saingapore Airlines
- SAS
- Air Berlin
- Alitalia
- Air France / KLM
- TAP
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Germanwings
- Finnair
- Aerologic
- Varig / Gol
- UPS

and many many more.....

by the way:
already 40% of all european flights are calculated with LIDO.

HHI OPS
19th Jul 2009, 13:30
Thanks guys :)

Lauderdale
19th Jul 2009, 15:04
- Virgin Atlantic

Uhm.......VS? Austin Danger Powers, VS are DEFINITELY not a LIDO FP customer (they use F:WZ) and therefore other participants on this forum should also take you "40%" claim with a kilo of salt....

Maybe you would like to enlighten us how Hangar89 are loving LIDO and are optimizing like there is no tomorrow with all the crews loving it.....

Exactly - 'nuff said......

Just as an after thought.....anyone ever wonder why bmi who use LIDO for their A330 dispatch chose to stay well clear of LIDO for their new FP system?

Schibulsky
19th Jul 2009, 15:26
@ Lauderdale
Looks like you have a kind of obsession, every time LIDO is mentioned on this forum you pipe in with your negative comments.
Bad experience? Being paid by some other provider?
Anyway, its a fact that its a good system and even with the huge price tag most of the leading airlines choose it...looks like a very successful system after all.:ok: BTW the LIDO sales guys are top notch (that might be your problem :p), not yet matched by the support team :uhoh:
But when Austin got one airline wrong its reason to question everything!:ugh:

Happy planning everybody whatever system you use!

Austin_Danger_Powers
19th Jul 2009, 17:11
@Lauderdale

Correction:
VS is not using LIDO OC. They just use the LIDO electronic Flight Bag ("Skybook")

and by the way: just check Lufthansa Systems - Full-Service - Airline - Aviation - IT-Provider (http://www.lhsystems.de) and you will find every detail about the 40% (LIDO calculated OFP´s within europe) and much more.

All BMI longrange OFP´s are calculated by LH Dispatch. BMI never did that on their own, because they dont have any experiance in calculating ETOPS OFP´s.

Most mayor airliners worldwide are working with LIDO and they know why.Seems that your Airline is not using it. Bad luck for you.

so long stranger.....

Lauderdale
19th Jul 2009, 20:20
Shibulsky - having worked with a airline for over 10 yrs who used lido I can best describe it as marrying a russian mail order bride, you're all excited when you when see it and its all roses before she arrives, after your married all she is after is your money.

In regards to the sales guys - I am not in the market to buy a sales guy, I want a CFPS.....

ADP - the topic of the post is flight planning systems not EFB's. :ugh:

Austin_Danger_Powers
19th Jul 2009, 21:24
@lauderdale:

All above named Airlines except VS are using LIDO OC and not just the EFB.

So whats your ******* problem :suspect:

Buzzz
19th Jul 2009, 21:56
Just a small correction, GOL do not currently use LIDO for flight planning, but maybe for other services.

Haven't used LIDO myself so not going to comment on it...

Cheers,

Buzzz

ozmahseer
19th Jul 2009, 22:27

for the record, Qantas do NOT use LIDO, it is true that it was attempted, but after much time, effort and progress..... the project canned.

Lauderdale
19th Jul 2009, 22:58
Austin Danger Powers;

So whats your ******* problem

First of all would you mind refraining from taking such an agressive attitude - there is really no need for it and only reflects on yourself. Thank you.

So all the airlines 'above named' use LIDO aside from VS....and GOL....and Qantas....anymore? Someone else questioned Emirates as well....

The reason these LIDO postings annoy me (Schilbulsky) is that they always end up being a rather flat line sales pitch (in-house?) why the system is so good. Many of us here know flight planning inside out, so give us some technical insight why you think LIDO is the best system outthere. All I have done is question the system based on experience - I have used specific examples which are open to your counter opinion.

And just in regards to this one again:

LIDO sales guys are top notch

Anyone with an ounce of serious experience within this industry will know exactly what I mean when I say IATA fuel audits in regards to the above quote - so please don't go down that road.

So if we can please refrain from going down the MOL road of communications I look forward to some specific examples why you think it's the beeeez kneeeez.

In the meantime am quite happy with my Danish CFPT! :ok:

Austin_Danger_Powers
20th Jul 2009, 05:49
Someone else questioned Emirates as well....

EK definitely uses LIDO. Believe me, i already calculated OFP s there with the System. ;)

Witch small county hopping Airline are you working for?

Schibulsky
20th Jul 2009, 07:16
Hi Lauderdale, I never said LIDO is the best, I was just wondering about your attacks. I was using LIDO from day 1 with LH. I would call it the "dark ages of LIDO"...lots of teething problems. But basically the system is nowadays very successful, and that is simply because it performs well. I dont know what your specific examples are, you were mostly using scryptic hints for the "guys with experience within the industry".
What about the guys who handles the output of a FPL system? I talked to a friend at CFMU/IFPS and he confirmed that LIDO generated ATC plns are much less likely to be rejected and if they were, its a 50/50 chance that the IFPS is wrong! And I met a lot of pilots who could not believe that the fuel consumption was almost all the time identical with the OFP numbers.
When it comes to optimization it sometimes takes some experience to guide the system towards the optimum, thats mainly because of too many options like min time/fuel/cost. I never met anybody who switched to LIDO and was missing his former system.
At the end LIDO gives you what you pay for. Its basically like a BMW, initially nicely priced but with a huuuuuge list for expensive extras attached.
And YES, we are using LIDO at Emirates :ok:

BTW I also dont like the LIDO sales guys...but I couldnt care less:p

@Austin: please cool down a bit :cool:

hlz8181
20th Jul 2009, 07:35
Got another one to cross out on the list guys!
Korean Air - you guessed it. They don't use Lido....
Not 100% sure about Air France, but my money says they don't either...

Lauderdale
20th Jul 2009, 08:30
Schibulsky - thank you for you constructive reply and it forms the basis for a healthy discussion and exchange of information which at the end of the day is what we are all here for.

Austin Danger Powers

Witch small county hopping Airline are you working for?

Apart from the fact that I do not fly on a broomstick (witch??).......

Korean Air - you guessed it. They don't use Lido....

Enough said......:zzz:

Schibulsky
20th Jul 2009, 10:14
Guys, I think the discussion about what the "best" system is rivals only the endless and fruitless discussion "Boeing or Bus".
There are too many different users with different needs and budgets.
I am quite happy with LIDO and for worldwide operating airlines with ETOPS and other special operations its IMHO very good. Provided you have enough money:uhoh:
Its still fun to show the younger dispatchers how LIDO can be worked to squeeze out the last drop and save the requested load or make a hopeless flight a go! But like with all pieces of IT that we have to use...I sometimes like to take some heavy object and smash the :mad: screen.
LIDO basically entered the market with an inventive system based on latest technology when the rest of the competitors were sleeping happily on their achievements of the past.
But recently LH systems is making a common error by outsourcing key data maintenance to countries with lower wages and subsequently eroding the quality of the product :ugh:
Lets watch and see...

Lauderdale
20th Jul 2009, 10:49
Schibulsky - totally 100% agree in regards to the futility of having a discussing as to what is the 'better' system. Horses for courses in the sense that you would not get a LIDO system if you are a 5 tail regional operator. Equally I suppose you would not use AirData if you operate a large fleet with complex operations (ETOPS etc).

I do see tremendous value however in using these forums (in the literal sense of the word) to share information on tools of the trade. From funky stuff all the way down to the bits that make you want to tear your hair out but perhaps can be resolved through some user experience shared here.

For example - I have been told that 'your' system uses auto rwy end selection by reading TAFs etc. Is this something that is functional and you as an airline have found a useful feature?

HHI Ops I am not thread hijacking and will happily start a new one to cover this type of discussion.

:ok:

Schibulsky
20th Jul 2009, 11:53
Yep...we have this feature, it works fine, you first have to sort the rwy so the most preferential rwy is checked first and than down to the least. That is done once by the back office.
Basically Lido checks all arr/dep/altn airports and ETOPS airports for suitability incl. Wx, Notams, curfew etc.
Its not perfect, i.e. when the wind turns 180 deg during the checked time it says airport not suitable due to tailwind. But thats a minor problem.
The stupid idea that was behind part of the Lido philosophy is an all automated system, rendering the dispatcher obsolete!
Didnt work, beside the fully automated system for short haul flights but it helps with the basic checks, saving a lot of time!

Anyway, you are right...it makes more sense to hear from the real customers than from the snake oil salesmen..but thats not only the Lido guys :}

Austin_Danger_Powers
20th Jul 2009, 13:51
@lauderdale:

why dont you just check the LH-Systems Hompeage? All airlines using LIDO are posted there...

You just have to check wheather they use LIDO OC or other Nav Services.
I was to lazy to do that, so maybe there are some airlines posted from myside with just use the EFB instead the OC.

But i havent heared anything from your side regarding to the question:

"Who is using LIDO"
I just read stuff about "blahh blahh...me and blah LIDO" but that wasnt the question. :=

So, please go ahead, i am waiting.

Manual Reversion
21st Jul 2009, 11:58
For what it's worth, Virgin doesn't use an EFB Lido or otherwise!

Austin_Danger_Powers
21st Jul 2009, 17:22
Virgin Atlantic is using Class 2 EFB.

V Australia ( a part of Virgin ) is using LIDO Route manual, LIDO FMS / LIDO eAPM.

Virgin Atlantic Airways reduces paper in the cockpit with SkyBook solution from Lufthansa Systems (http://www.lhsystems.com/media/2006/apr_06_03.htm)

V Australia soaring across the Pacific with navigation solutions from Lufthansa Systems (http://www.lhsystems.com/media/2009/mar_09_02.htm)

and now good bye. this thread is more like kindergarden....

Manual Reversion
21st Jul 2009, 23:09
Given that I fly for VS, I would probably know if we are using an EFB.
I can assure you there is no sign of one on the flight deck. Although one aircraft did get the basic wiring installed briefly(long since removed)
Perhaps you might be reading some old advertising 'blurb' from a few years ago when a CL2 EFB was being considered rather than stating the facts from personal knowledge.

Anyway, just trying to help
B rgds
MR

dayoff
22nd Jul 2009, 19:41
bmi is about to ditch LIDO for f:wz for all its operation

Alex_D
24th Jul 2009, 16:35
Airbridgecargo and Volga-Dnepr uses LIDO as well. (for B-744 and including AN124). LIDO calculations are quite precise. And, yeah,..less FPL rej-s from Eurocontrol.

BAW20UQ
9th Nov 2010, 16:23
Hi,
I read your posts and see that you have information about this system (LIDO,WebBriefing,etc ..)If you have access to any airline,I am reluctant to agree, and even some airlines to exchange.If you have something real OFP, FPL continue and reply TO PRIVATE MSG :-) Anonymity and confidentiality is yes of course.
BEST REGARDS BAW20UQ

slav4o1
9th Nov 2010, 17:59
Bulgaria air :ok:

SU-GCM
11th Nov 2010, 00:15
Egyptair do since July/august 2010

papadopulos
11th Nov 2010, 21:33
i am looking for dissapointed people who took the expensive jeppesen training and didnt get a job ......and feelll bad about them and want to start a chat .......ok and try to spare the message to innocents that everyday paid for that sort of unnecesary stafff they gave you ...............................thanks

DXR
18th Nov 2010, 07:02
As a LIDO user, I hate it. Most of our staff despise it too. Why?

Well, a lot of the promiesed functionality has yet to arrive. The TAF/METAR/NOTAM reader is unreliable. IE, just now I was told an alternate was not needed for an arrival airport.. Lido didn't read the tempo. A lot of this comes from the actual coding of the wx/notams by what ever state issues the info. But a lot of times, it just doesn't get it. The suitability check is not useful to me. The probelm you mentioned with the wind switch has caused several issues with our carrier, and resulting new procedures and the occasional LOI.

I think the biggest heartache I have was the functionality we were promised, and based our workloads off of, hasn't been delivered and thus we're getting hammered. WHen we relied on the planned functionality, we got bit so to speak... and now we don't trust it. A bit like having your woman cheat on you, she says never again but... So, after some certificate action... we're told to pretty much ignore the suitability check and don't rely on the alerting function. Then there's the weekly outage we seem to have every Monday morming to install patches. Often the 15 minute outage can extend for a couple hours, though that's becoming less and less of an issue when the delays starting piling on.

And there's some buggy code, for instance we have issues with redispatch calculations being inaccurate and thusly we have banned redispatches. May favorite though is running scenarios for MFT, MTT, and MCT and having the MFT be quicker than the MTT, but the MTT costs less than the MCT. Happens a good bit crossing the oceans. There the over optimization issue, where the altitude porfile can look like a roller coaster track (and through terrain... seriously), and in the US it's hard to plan point to point across the country due to lack of waypoint connections in the database.

other than that, it's great!

The only only other system I've used is NavTech, which by no means was everything for everything. But I never had near the issues with support and outages.

Lauderdale
19th Nov 2010, 17:44
LIDO over promising and under delivering? Whatever next?! :}

jackdaniels
26th Nov 2010, 10:18
guys...

- QANTAS (they are using sabre dispatch solutions and not LIDO)
- ETIHAD uses LIDO

As per the program i have to say that is the best on the market and believe me when you have to dispatch a ULR flight of over 15 hrs lido does a great job compared to crappy jetplanner or even worse sabre!
the problem with LIDO is that many dispatchers think all they have to do is the IAT (insert-analize-transmit) so with 3 clicks they release a 12hrs flight! now for godsake a damn crew controller can do this!!!!:mad:
and to these guys I have to say that you have no clue of what flight dispatch profession is and you should be banned from OCC if you are cool with a COMPLETELLY computer generated product!
Lido is good but without a mind pulling the strings you guys are just monkeys busting digits on the keyboard!!!!!

Lauderdale
26th Nov 2010, 14:57
....there's some great CRM courses outthere...maybe you want to have a look...

interesting thread:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/425429-fuel-shortage-ey.html#post5896842

jackdaniels
26th Nov 2010, 17:11
done them all but they all suck!
:ugh:

Lauderdale
26th Nov 2010, 19:22
hehe - good reply!

Masif Eego
19th Feb 2012, 08:02
[QUOTE]guys...

- QANTAS (they are using sabre dispatch solutions.......)

As per the program i have to say that is the best on the market and believe me when you have to dispatch a ULR flight of over 15 hrs lido does a great job /QUOTE]

wrong twice, to much JD if you ask me :rolleyes:

Jetrecruiter
19th Feb 2012, 17:59
Pinnacle is the only regional in the USA that use's Lido's.:(

Sachsenring
21st Jul 2014, 13:15
here are some Lido user:
- Saingapore Airlines

Does somebody know the new URL of their Lido webpage? The old one (https://sin.lido-aero.net/wwwbrfSIA) is not working anymore..

PM contact would be appreciated!