PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATPL to JAA ATPL

Alexsky
14th Jul 2009, 12:27
Advice needed of those, who have made the FAA Commercial License to JAA ATPL conversion.
According to my understanding (and App2. JAR-FCL 1.015) local CAA can determine the needed volume of flight hours to convert the FAA Commercial pilot license to JAA ATPL.
If I'm right then in different countries requirements may vary. Still 14 exams will need to pass, but may be some possibility to spare money on flight program. Please bet me know what regire the CAA in your area.

At the moment:
License FAA ( Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi engine) with total hours 501.

Thank you in advance!

UncleNobby
14th Jul 2009, 13:07
I spoke with a FS while at home in Ireland recently - if you have FAA IR then there is no requirements for the JAA CPL assuming you meet the requirements such as 100hrs P1, XC requirements etc (have to sit the exams of course). I was quoted hours as required for JAA CPL and 10/15 hrs for the MEIR.

Bruce Wayne
14th Jul 2009, 13:55
FAA ATPL Requirements:

§ 61.159 Aeronautical experience: Airplane category rating.

(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) of this section, a person who is applying for an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane category and class rating must have at least 1,500 hours of total time as a pilot that includes at least:

The requirements to convert an FAA ATPL to a JAA ATPL are different than to convert an FAA CPL/ME/IR to JAA CPL.

take it you mean a JAA fATPL which is the JAA CPL with ATPL theory ?

Alexsky, check your PM's