PDA

View Full Version : Tech Quiz in General

CokeZero
14th Jul 2009, 10:27
I think the powers that be are getting the Technical Quiz mistaken with our SOP's.

Technical to me means the usual FCOM's. SOP's, at least for the fleet I fly, are always changing and different interpretations by Training Department, STC's and Captains.

So much for one standard.

All the extra sections in this years quiz are comical.

What mouth music do you use when following a TCAS RA? Is this Tech Quiz or a CX mouth music Quiz?

And can someone please answer the following as I can't find the wording anywhere in the QRH, after it referred me to it from FCOM3.

AIRtq09-1810. What would be the consequence with a dual probe heater failure in icing conditions?

The QRH doesn't mention anything about a dual probe heater failure. it does mention a Dual Alpha Probe which I believe to be different. Or is it ?????

Suggestions or additions are most welcome.

Diet Coke is for ........

CokeZero
14th Jul 2009, 11:52
I think this is a Rumour for Sale network where everybody is talked about behind their backs, stabbed many times then put in the Training Department. Add a touch of darkness a little water and BINGO!!!!!

Instant Mushrooms.

PNM
14th Jul 2009, 12:46
Don't mushrooms of the variety you are referring to require a special type of nutrient known colloquially as "BS"?

iceman50
15th Jul 2009, 04:07
I see the children are "revolting" again.

You wonder why you are treated with disdain by "management" the threads on the Annual Technical Knowledge Quiz are a perfect example of why you are treated that way. Grow up guys and try to be professional - cant do it because you do not have a vol 8 - pathetic.

Coke____ it is not CX mouth-music as you call it, the call has been mandated by the regulatory authorities - to prevent another midair like the one between Bashkirian Airlines Flight 2937 & DHL Flight 611.:ugh:

CokeZero
15th Jul 2009, 11:20
iceman

There are no such things as Vol 8's. You should know that if you worked for Cathay.

You have misread the thread. Do you need a hug because from your reply to this post and several others, you come across as someone with a attitude not becoming to the Cathay Model. I have a tissue in my flight bag if you need it.

Getting back to the question at hand. Any other suggestions?

iceman50
15th Jul 2009, 17:33
There, there cokezero, you have obviously not been here very long.
There are no such things as Vol 8's. You should know that if you worked for Cathay.:rolleyes:

Humber10
16th Jul 2009, 10:32
I think he wants a hug :}

Buttie Box
16th Jul 2009, 15:01
There are no such things as Vol 8's. You should know that if you worked for Cathay.

When I joined the Classic fleet, my Chief Pilot told me to make sure I had a good set of Vol 8's. My first thought was, "Why? Is the training system really that bad?" But because he was wider than me and from somewhere on the African continent, I smiled and went to speak with the "senior course."

BB

CokeZero
17th Jul 2009, 07:43
Ah... rhetorical answer.....

Duh!!!!