PDA

View Full Version : technical questions 777

Rook
14th Jul 2009, 04:40
So because our manuals are so excellent and all the information is together and not at all everywhere, could some one point me in the right direction for the following:

- FMC takeoff EPR is supposed to be 1.310 EPR. TO should be rejected if the EPR shortfall exceeds _______ at 80 kts.

thanks

Canuckian
14th Jul 2009, 05:32
FCTM:

After thrust is set, a small deviation in N1 or EPR between engines should not warrant a decision to reject the takeoff unless this deviation is accompanied by a more serious event. (Refer to the QRH, Manoeuvres Chapter, Rejected Takeoff, for criteria.) Ensure the target thrust is set by 80 kt., but minor adjustments may be made, if needed, immediately after 80 kt. Due to variation in engine types, thrust settings, runway conditions, etc., it is not practical to specify a precise tolerance in N1 or EPR difference between engines for the takeoff thrust setting.

Doesn't help with the vagueness but there ya go.:confused:

rhoshamboe
14th Jul 2009, 05:57
Recall within .02 of EPR target is classed as thrust set but can't remember where I read it??? Probably out of print now so not sure if a legitimate answer.

Fenwicksgirl
14th Jul 2009, 08:19
Rook, it used to say in FCOM3 EPR within 0.005 but they took it out as they did not want us looking so intently at the gauges.

CokeZero
14th Jul 2009, 09:05
I love the way they add at the end of a question...

"During taxi XXX happens. What would your actions be?"

You're wrong in whatever answer you select. Safety first or Dispatch and go?

iceman50
15th Jul 2009, 04:09
Really professional guys our customers will be really impressed by your knowledge and maturity with these pathetic threads on tech quiz's.:D

hoss
20th Jul 2009, 10:46
the answer must be "it is not practical to specify a precise tolerance in N1 or EPR difference between engines for the takeoff thrust setting."

straight out of the Boeing FCTM, cant get much better than that. if anyone questions it then tell them to take up the issue with Boeing.