PDA

View Full Version : Thos Cook A330 Diversion to ORF

RobertS975
14th Jul 2009, 02:35
Must have wanted down in a hurry to put into Norfolk... minimal Customs facilities geared to private aircraft, and probably not much in the way ramp equipment geared for widebody aircraft. Does anyone know if the A330 has been repaired or ferried?

Airbus makes emergency landing at Norfolk International Airport | TOP STORIES | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia (http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_071009_plane_emergency_landing.29af9baf.html)

spannersatKL
14th Jul 2009, 10:16
Eye witness accounts don't yer just luv em!! er it was shut down madam...

All you could hear was this loud amazing roaring. It was insane. It didn't sound like a normal engine. It sounded clankety clankety, like there's something inside,” said Christine Randall. She was with her family at Norfolk Botanical Garden and was watching planes land.

Rainboe
14th Jul 2009, 11:21
Er....it was windmilling Madam! Jet engines make that clankety clankety sound, a mistake frequently made by inexperienced laymen as itīs more a clankety clankey clankety clank sort of sound for us wizened experienced, crows feet around the eyes from staring into the sun, hair rooshed up from wearing a headset sort of hardened aviation professionals.

flyinthesky
14th Jul 2009, 15:57
I'm with Rainboe. Funny how the clanking engine the lady so accurately describes has not needed changing and as I speak is back in the air earning a crust.

Do they have the Daily Mail in the states? I'm sure the mail would love to use her comments as expert evidence!!!

flying officer kite
14th Jul 2009, 18:37
The aircraft in question- OY-VKF is now fixed and flying back and forth across the pond again, i saw it flying a couple of days ago