PDA

View Full Version : aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

RadioSaigon
13th Jul 2009, 09:57
What's with this "could not connect" nonsense??? Been having a harsh job getting in of late... just me/my system or is it more general?

Driving me nuts...

bentleg
13th Jul 2009, 10:06
Me too. I think the site was down.

tmpffisch
13th Jul 2009, 10:12
It's ******* pissing me off! Especially when it happens after writing a loooonnnnggg post...I lost everything I wrote.

27/09
13th Jul 2009, 10:13
Me too, on several occasions over the last week or so

Che cows with guns
13th Jul 2009, 11:40
Me to last night, frustrating!!!
Lets see if it works now before I do my cherry
Che
Fighting for bovine freedom

yaddayadda
13th Jul 2009, 12:36
get a life maybe?? Fair dinkum hey..

Che cows with guns
13th Jul 2009, 17:58
I do have a life, yaydaddaa; pot /black and all that ???
Cheers
Che
still fighting for bovine freedom

Tmbstory
13th Jul 2009, 19:41
I have had the same over the last week or so.

Has anyone the correct answer?

Tmb

KRUSTY 34
13th Jul 2009, 21:33
I thought it might have been my Company's I.T. department embarking on some covert supression of dissent.

"Paranoia is simply a hightened state of awareness"

Any news Mods?

tail wheel
13th Jul 2009, 23:05
Yes and no. There has been a site problem over the weekend. There has also been some very terse comments from around the World, in our Mod's Admin Forum.

The only explanation so far is:

PPRuNe runs across 4 different VMs. One of the VMs (VM2) was showing only 30% usage compared to the other three, so it was mostly being ignored. They don't know why. VM4, though, is where the error is happening. We isolated the VM, but not the cause. They are going to replicate one of the working VMs over VM4 before bringing it back into the pool.

I guess that is tech-speak for "A wheel fell off and we can't work out which one." :{

I can assure you the Mods are getting very frustrated with site problems - which are supposed to be monitored 24/7! :mad:

The geeks are on the job now and the site appears to be running OK. For now........... :ugh:

P.S. The new Avatar under my user name is the result of Danny's warped sense of humour. It is called "no-signal.jif"!!!!!!! :(

Jabawocky
14th Jul 2009, 00:20
Thats what they really think of us out here in the penal settlement........:ok:

And they play cricket with delays........so why not pprune too!

Pinky the pilot
14th Jul 2009, 00:21
The new Avatar under my user name is the result of Danny's warped sense of humour. It is called "no-signal.jif"!!!!!!!

Oh dear, Taily; You have'nt been saying norty words on the Admin forum again, have you?:E:}

RadioSaigon
14th Jul 2009, 07:50
I guess that is tech-speak for "A wheel fell off and we can't work out which one." http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif...

ROFPML. Fair'nuff

no signal, indeed...

:}

OZBUSDRIVER
14th Jul 2009, 08:00
Taillie, just as long as Danny and the boys aren't having a giggle behind your back. that nosig is caused by "Random Noise":}

The Chaser
14th Jul 2009, 08:18
If the shoe fits TW, if the shoe fits :D

Fark'n'ell
14th Jul 2009, 08:26
Originally Posted by tail wheel
I guess that is tech-speak for "A wheel fell off and we can't work out which one." ...

Must have a fecking lot of wheels if the techies can't figure which one has fallen off.:ok:

tail wheel
18th Jul 2009, 00:43
Looks like the site is running well now!! :ok:

I noticed Google Ads have disappeared as well! :ok: :ok:

P.S. The Chaser - check your PMs! :E

the wizard of auz
18th Jul 2009, 01:41
The robot check at sign in is a PITA though.
hehehe.. No sig ....hehehehe