PDA

View Full Version : Most effective swap location for EK pilots?

Dropp the Pilot
12th Jul 2009, 02:42
Where is this being done these days? Last I checked on AW's site there had been no activity for days and the Yahoo groups location hasn't responded to my request to join for two weeks.

Good thing I have a strong sense of self-worth.

Fart Master
12th Jul 2009, 04:25
I hate to say it, but the old system was the best. People are going back to the yahoo groups.

Personally I thought that while it was a good idea, the execution of it was poor. I also felt AW wasn't wanting to, or able to give much time to it

SunNFun
12th Jul 2009, 08:33
As far as I understand it, swap requests were always to be posted on the respective yahoo group. Swap request on the new forum are just forwarded to the yahoo group anyways.

The new forum was only supposed to be a replacement for ekall when AM decided to no longer moderate it, not the swap groups.

EGGW
12th Jul 2009, 10:14
The relevant Swap groups are still working, and you can post from the new Allpilots website for swaps as well.

However, you Cannot join the EKAllpilots group, which is taking no more members. However, those that still belong are still using it, despite the Fuzz :ugh:
Credit to AW for setting up the website off his own doing, no one else could be bothered eh! Seems to work OK now, that the bugs have been seemingly ironed out.

EGGW

GoreTex
12th Jul 2009, 13:27
despite the FUZZ, good one EGGW, guess many left because of the FUZZ
hugs to all

Fart Master
12th Jul 2009, 17:54
Post edited to remove beer content... 'note to self, don't post when pi**ed'

How can I filter my incoming e-mails to auto-filter out his rubbish?

Straight & Level
13th Jul 2009, 04:12
Bit harsh Fart Master! I know that Fuzzy's lifestyle choice is not to everybody's taste, but how difficult is it to delete his emails, or not read his posts? Time to chill man :cool:

atiuta
13th Jul 2009, 07:21
In a public forum such as PPrune/Yahoo Groups (yes they are public) individual expression is a free choice. Just as I had to endure the warm "fuzzys" or unimaginative malcontents (the imaginative ones were ok), here is my view.

A few individuals that frequent the Yahoo Group pages in particular, have very different "styles" and will make rather bizzare comments that clutter a potentially useful forum. They invariably have very strong constitutions and are impervious to any criticism. Personally, I find the word "crass" fits nicely as a definition.

If their expression threatened the forums existence, then perhaps the majority should have ruled and they could have been removed from the groups. Unfortunately that decision would fall with the individual moderator and that's where moderators must understand they have a mandate to do so. Your group will soon let you know if they disagree!

Needless comments began to appear on the swap pages and I removed myself from all these groups a long time ago, simply because of the continual drivel, and I haven't missed any of it one little bit.