PDA

View Full Version : Swansea Air Show 11-12 July 09

SRENNAPS
10th Jul 2009, 19:54
Dear PPRuNers,

I have been told by a friend that Swansea Air Show will be visited by several aircraft over the weekend, including a Typhoon, BBMF, The Red Arrows, a Chinook and a Hawk. (A Crusaders or Gold Star Tornado or Elephant Chinook, would be icing on the cake but this is wishful thinking from me).

I live at CF33 4HR. Does anybody have any details of times and types and what is the chance of making an old boy happy by flying overhead.

It is also my wife’s birthday tomorrow, and as an ex Sqn wife, it would make her day.:ok:

Yours, hoping.

Beancountercymru
10th Jul 2009, 20:47
Wales National Airshow
Flying display programme

Saturday 11 July
1.30pm – 4.30pm

Display
The Tigers Freefall Parachute Team
Beechcraft B200 King Air
Team Guinot Wingwalkers
Royal Navy Black Cats Display Team
Team Osprey
RAF Sea King Search & Rescue demo
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
Chinook
Tutor
Hawk
Typhoon
Red Arrows

Sunday 12 July
12 noon – 3.30pm

Display
Red Arrows
The Tigers Freefall Parachute Team
RAF Sea King Search & Rescue demo
Team Osprey
Royal Navy Black Cats Display Team
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
Tutor
Hawk
Typhoon
Beechcraft B200 King Air
Chinook
Team Guinot Wingwalkers

Please note: Due to the unpredictability of the weather and circumstances out of our control, these times may be altered, and some flights may be cancelled with no prior notice.

Parade on Saturday 11 July
The Freedom of the City & County of Swansea will be given to 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards (The Welsh Cavalry) at 11am at the Guildhall, Swansea, followed by the parade at 11.30am.

SRENNAPS
10th Jul 2009, 22:24
Beancountercymru,

Many thanks for the info.

Regards

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Jul 2009, 08:24
Falls back in amazement - no Vulcan ??!!

SRENNAPS
11th Jul 2009, 09:39
Well the weather here is pretty Uck!!! at the moment so I think I will be lucky to see anything fly over my house.

We plan to go across to the show tomorrow so hopefully a better day.

"Taylor"
11th Jul 2009, 22:13
What a wash out! Hopefully the weather will improve tomorrow and we'll get an airshow. :cool:

mathers_wales_uk
12th Jul 2009, 19:55
Better day at Swansea today and with the sun shining down i even sat on the beach and got sun burn while i watched the displays.

The show Kicked off with the red arrows and what an amazing display and ended up with the RAF Sea King helicopter.

Very nice to see the Hurricane, Spitfire and the lanc flying together and enjoyed seeing the Eurofighter flying solo.

Plenty to do on the ground and couldn't complain with a lot of things to do and see especially with children.

I did go to the event yesterday and left after the Black Cats did a low display and a low flypast by Helimed 1.

I was hoping to catch the full display of the black cats today but unless they performed during the large queue for a burger and missed it then i don't think they performed.

Anyone have any info on this?

Falls back in amazement - no Vulcan ??!!

I heared somwhere on the grapevine that the Vulcan is not ready yet and will even miss the RIAT next week.

pipertommy
12th Jul 2009, 21:31
Hi Mate,

Black Cats were cancelled, not sure why?

A P51 Mustang did a display as a cover I guess, not in the display list.

Great Day:ok: