PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Casa Rules

multime
10th Jul 2009, 08:23
Dear Fellow Pruners

Just reading the Australian Flying Backlash page, by John Spiers.

We are all too aware of the new drug and alcohol testing standards.
The crunch, and grey area,s are that if your having a few in a hangar after work, or at an airshow camping under a wing, are you legally bound to submitt to a Casa test.?
Apparently the answer is YES. Your airside.
Are you undertaking an aviation related task.?
NO
Look forward to your comments.
Regards

Multi

Howard Hughes
10th Jul 2009, 08:40
But look on the bright side, you can now have a BAC of .02...:}

Disclaimer: Howard Hughes in no way encourages, nor endorses the manipulation of flying machines while under the influence of alcohol.

compressor stall
10th Jul 2009, 09:27
There are some imminent changes (according to CASA about 6 months ago) that allow drinks in Aeroclub bars / hangars etc.

Obviously you cannot be flight planning or turning a nut whilst having the drink..

You might also care to use that search button, and read the regs before asking further. Your question has been discussed at length repeatedly.

kingRB
10th Jul 2009, 10:33
There are some imminent changes (according to CASA about 6 months ago) that allow drinks in Aeroclub bars / hangars etc.

I hope commonsense prevails with that and it is allowed.

Nothing better than cracking a couple coldies in the hangar and having a chat after a big days flying / work is finished.

The old Christmas "hangar" parties could be in jeopardy too :(

Dangly Bits
10th Jul 2009, 12:19
The first question the AOD tester asks you is "Are you carrying out a Safety Sensitive Activity?". The second is "Are you available to carry out a Safety Sensitive Activity?". What happens if you say no to both questions?

FRQ Charlie Bravo
10th Jul 2009, 12:32
I often flight plan at home, sometimes there's a glass of red in the room (my wife's of course, I'd never touch the stuff if I'm even thinking about aeroplanes). Is CASA going to knock on my door or are they just going to break it down, step on the baby and arrest me?

FRQ CB

tio540
10th Jul 2009, 13:02
Alcohol Casa Rules

Casa Alcohol Rules - Sure Does:)

multime
10th Jul 2009, 13:11
Reality.

Our Aeroclub meeting,s @ AGM re (pissup) is conducted on the only hangar on the airfield.? We have 9 pilot members and 50 socialites who grace our presence every so often. Are we undertaking a (quote) Aviation activity. ?
Doubt it. Too busy eating salad and steak.
A hard core fleet of C172 @ C182.
The local police/cops would have a field day at 0100 am let alone Casa.!!
But we,re all hard core drug addicts.?
Time will tell.
NO

Regards
M:ok:

Travelair
10th Jul 2009, 15:45
Personally, zero point zero is my standard during flying days (and the day before a flying day). 100% during off days! its a black and white issue.

keep sober keep safe,
cheers

FRQ Charlie Bravo
16th Jul 2009, 14:58
I hear that a few pilots and the refueller at YPAG were tested today.

Imagine having to be in YPAG... sober:eek:

(Actually, I've got nothing against the place, it just sounded funny)

compressor stall
16th Jul 2009, 23:23
My question for CASA is when are they starting on security and baggage handlers?

Or are pilots too soft a target???

Towering Q
17th Jul 2009, 02:21
My question for CASA is when are they starting on security and baggage handlers?

They're far too busy stuffing cannabis into boogey board covers to be bothered with drug testing.:}

PA39
17th Jul 2009, 02:25
:yuk: Its enough to make you drink!! I'd like to see the poor "B" that stops me having a drink in the hangar after a pisser of a flight !

Capt Claret
17th Jul 2009, 02:27
G'day Stallie,

I suspect that security & baggies would stand together and fight for what they want, or don't, to degree that pilots never would. :{