PDA

View Full Version : Easa and changing license

redout
10th Jul 2009, 07:19
Does Easa taking over from the Jaa change anything with regard to changing a license from one Jaa country to another or will it still be the same procedure as before.

jez d
10th Jul 2009, 12:50
Hi Redout,

All EASA licences will be pan-European and valid in any member state, if that's what you were asking?

jez

redout
10th Jul 2009, 13:07
Yes that is what I was asking. I spoke with the Caa earlier and they said that after Easa adopts licensing next year a person will no longer be able to change the state of license but they will be as you said pan-european.

Thanks

suraci
10th Jul 2009, 21:07
What about those JAA countries which are not in the EU?

Will they accept EASA licence holders flying in their airspace? Will EASA licence holders be able to fly JAA (non EU) registered aircraft in non EASA non JAA airspace?

And putting the boot on the other foot, will JAA (non EU) licences be acceptable in EASA airspace? What countries of aircraft registration will these pilots be able to fly in EASA airspace?

redout
10th Jul 2009, 21:27
Well the JAA will cease to exist to the best of my knowledge. I am sure there will be some sort agreements put in place if not already.

cypilot77
11th Jul 2009, 18:40
So, if somebody has an ICAO license, can he/she convert directly to EASA? And also, does EASA has different convertion requirements than JAA. or is the same procedure(14 exams + $$$$).

paco
12th Jul 2009, 07:22
The JAA ceased on the 30th of June. As I understand it, you will eventually be able to cherry pick your training and not have to do it all in one state. That's when EASA get both money and staff :E

Phil