PDA

View Full Version : Air India flight - great load factor?

appuchan
10th Jul 2009, 04:31
The Mumbai-Mangalore flight, IC 179, being operated on a 172-seater Airbus A-321, had damaged its door in Mumbai on May 5, 2009. Following this, the passengers were off-loaded and taken to their destination in another aircraft. A probe by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) into the incident has found that the aircraft had three passengers more than its seating capacity.

``Of these three, one woman passenger was accommodated in the cockpit and two others on the foldable seats where cabin crew sits during take off and landing,'' said sources. The DGCA can now take criminal action against AI for this violation.

In fully loaded flight, Air India stuffed in 3 extra persons- Airlines / Aviation-Transportation-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Features/Air-India-in-Financial-Trouble/In-fully-loaded-flight-Air-India-stuffed-in-3-extra-persons/articleshow/4761009.cms)

Wannabe Flyer
10th Jul 2009, 07:28
This can only happen with Air India. Flights seem to be leaving with over 100% occupancy and they are still showing $1.5 billion in losses. Makes one wonder who is to blame for the mess they are in?

Oh yes I am not condoning the serious and multiple safety violations they committed...........

High time this airline was cut loose and tax payers money saved!

Avman
10th Jul 2009, 21:19
Before the righteous brigade takes over, I just want to point out that prior to 911, I witnessed many occasions where "pax" sat on F/D and cabin jumpseats in Europe - even with British operators. It was nothing unusual. However, they were also often (but not always) airline or ATC staff.