PDA

View Full Version : VAustralia New Routes 2009

chicken or fish 2
9th Jul 2009, 21:17
Anyone heard where aircraft 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be going to?

Con Catenator
9th Jul 2009, 22:28
Possibly back to the lessor.:E

somewhereat1l
9th Jul 2009, 22:53
I heard BNE-HKG. The timings to link up with the Virgin Atlantic VS200/201 going through to LHR.

ANstar
10th Jul 2009, 03:13
#4 is supposed to be going on MEL-LAX 3 x weekly as per the VA website.

Other routes rumoured, but presumably for 5,6,7 aircraft...

JNB-SYD (already have route approval)
BNE-HKG (Have requested slots in HKG)

Ken Borough
10th Jul 2009, 03:42
Their 'planning' appears to involve a lot of kite-flying and wasted time!

With Hong Kong, they may have applied for slots in HKG but have not done so in Australia. Nor have they sought an allocation of capacity from the IASC in Australia. They have also to jump through other hoops put in place by the HK authorities that will take some time to clear. In addition, they have not announced any schedules or are selling their proposed services. With only a couple of months lead-time to drum up business, they are destined to incur heavy losses. Have the Jetstar 'planners' moved on to V Oz?

rescue 1
12th Jul 2009, 00:13
Fortunately, I think we will see some consolidation with VA - the tie up with Delta will slow things down, at least until we see the other side of this downturn.

Surplus staff/crew within VA to add to the VB woes may be next on the agenda?? :sad:

inandout
12th Jul 2009, 01:14
Aircraft 4 is for confirmed MEL_LAX, VA11 and 12. Code Shareing with Delta, subject to gov app. Any excess staff at present is to allow for this.

YSSY sider
13th Jul 2009, 06:34
What about Haneda?? I remember it was mentioned somewhere a little while ago. Can't remember where though.

Vorsicht
13th Jul 2009, 08:48
They're selling tickets for MEL-LAX direct on VA11 starting SEP 15.

We just have to wait and see if it actually happens. I have no doubt they will just change the itinerary to go via SYD or BNE if it suits them.

V

Snail Dave
15th Jul 2009, 10:38
Does anyone know when the SYD-JHB route is supposed to kick off?