PDA

View Full Version : AAIB(H) July 2009

Hilico
9th Jul 2009, 19:23
This is getting to be a little bit of a trend for the AAIB - there are no helis on the list for this month. Have a look (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/july_2009.cfm).

Now whether this is because of the credit crunch and PPLs can't afford to fly as often (JOKE! REPEAT, JOKE! I've got fewer hours than just about anybody reading this, including the 17-year old wannabes) or the AAIB are saving them up, well we just don't know. Answers on a postcard.

Steve

thecontroller
9th Jul 2009, 19:26
I think it really is due to finances. Every PPL I know has pretty much given up flying because of cost.

heliboy999
9th Jul 2009, 20:09
Maybe the helicopter saftey evenings have been a factor?

SilsoeSid
9th Jul 2009, 21:56
Wrong publication for month by month incidents!

The AAIB bulletins contain reports completed during that period and cannot be used to indicate any trends.

airborne_artist
10th Jul 2009, 10:04
The AAIB monthly list simply details investigations that have been completed. If you read the reports you will see huge variances in incident dates, depending on the complexity of the investigation. OK, over a number of years you may think you see a trend, but not from any single month.

Hilico
10th Jul 2009, 16:21
I know, I know! But I've been posting these for the last five years or so, and until now I haven't had two months in one year where there were no heli reports.

VeeAny
10th Jul 2009, 17:18
HB999

Whilst it would be nice if it was that, I believe the lack of helicopter accidents in current reports is due to older investigations not yet being completed.

I doubt we will be able to see if anything has made a difference for some years yet and even then I doubt we could conclusively say it was anything to do with the safety evenings.

GS

heliboy999
10th Jul 2009, 17:39
Even if they make 1 percent difference they are worth it.