PDA

View Full Version : Swine flu finds cockpit

ALPHA FLOOR
9th Jul 2009, 10:18
Just heard that a CX Airbus pilot contracted swine flu this week on a middle east integrated patern. Anybody know anything of this?

AFL

pilotdiver
9th Jul 2009, 11:07
The whole cockpit is to be quarantined for 7 days...

tiger321
9th Jul 2009, 11:54
I think there are much worse things you could catch from some of our cockpits. Disgusting comes to mind.

Swine flu - who really cares to be honest.

Media blown up hype!

Ex Cathedra
9th Jul 2009, 12:01
We're all dooooooooooooooooomed! It's the flu!

Come to think of it, I could use a few sick days lying in bed...

freightdog188
9th Jul 2009, 12:22
aaahh ..these Airbus drivers just aren't tough enough :}:}
it's just a little piggy coff! ;)

treboryelk
9th Jul 2009, 13:51
spend a bit more of your allowances and you dont have to spend the night with a pig!

Captain TOGA
9th Jul 2009, 14:59
Not Possible since there are no pigs in the middle east!!!

ArthurBorges
29th Jul 2009, 17:10
Um, Tunisia isn't the Middle East but there's at least one pig farmer there -- Muslim too. It seems German package tourists love their wienerschnitzel and he decided to exploit that niche market. He is also notable for holding what was probably the nation's first divorce party from his American wife. The good citizens of the seaside city in question were shocked and outraged...but too curious not to attend.

Secondhand info tells me pork is available in Israel as well. It seems the Torah says something like "pig feet shall not touch the soil of Israel" so they are raised on wooden platforms a few inches off the ground.

Happy Skies & Happier Dining, Capt. Toga!

HotDog
30th Jul 2009, 10:00
Well Arthur, you are a bit off track with the Wienerschnitzel, it's traditionally made from veal not pork. However we used to frequent a restaurant called the Flehlappe on overnights in Mainz whose speciality was pig's knuckles, owned by Fauzi, a lovely Tunisian lady.

moonbug
30th Jul 2009, 14:50
Swine Flu in the cockpit ?

And who said...... pigs dont fly ? :}

Five Green
31st Jul 2009, 21:19
So will they have to get a note from the Doc for that ?

I wonder how many Pilots, while in the early stages of H1N1, would come to work to avoid a letter being placed on their file ???

Cheers

FG

mr Q
4th Aug 2009, 03:49
Is it swine flu???
Or is it swire flu??

Lowkoon
4th Aug 2009, 08:15
Just to clarify Mr Q, swine flu is a sniffle affecting the respiritory tract. Swire flu mainly affects another oriface. The one closer to your wallet.