PDA

View Full Version : Where is the money going? Take a look in Suffolk....

sheikmyarse
9th Jul 2009, 09:30
Are you curious to know where the money EK is saving on you ( no 3%, no profit share, no overtime, working your ass off for nothing ..) in order to compensate for the macroscopic errors the mis-management ( fuel edging, focus on premium cabin, ridicoulous aircraft orders..etc etc..) made?
Well here is the answer...

Dubai’s ruler has splashed out 45 million pounds ($72.6 million) on a country estate in Suffolk, England, in what brokers are calling the biggest purchase of its kind this year.
The grade II-listed Dalham Hall, an 18th century mansion, includes 3,300 acres of farmland, parkland and woods, and 39 homes, UK tabloid the Daily Mirror reported on its website on Tuesday.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum already owns the adjoining 3,000-acre Dalham Hall stud, where many of his prized race horses are bread, the newspaper said.
"It's the highest amount fetched by a country estate this year," estate agent Rupert Sweeting was quoted as saying.

sheikmyarse
9th Jul 2009, 09:42
well...my point is.. with so many beautiful villas to buy on the Palm......!!!

cochise
9th Jul 2009, 09:58
Gotta have an exile plan for when the well runs dry...:E

GoreTex
9th Jul 2009, 10:45
or the locals finally realize that the scammed the whole country, idi amin, mugabe, sadam and all the other dictators moved their money out the the country they were ruling.

AVIATOR757
9th Jul 2009, 11:33
Heard a rumour that the next queen of u.k. will be called shiekha................................ your arse:cool::{

pia pium
9th Jul 2009, 12:48
The reason the airline is struggling a bit and appears to be so low on cash is because the Dubai Government have been around the town getting its hands on as much money as possible (it is a government airline is it not). You don't offer the public government bonds (as the purchaser in effect is loaning the government money) when you have piles of cash sitting in your own government companies.

I seem to recall Saddam had his own palaces and poured his peoples money into his own personal ventures. Mind you, isn't Dubai a monarchy now anyway (future "royalty" on boards all over the city), so as royals I guess they should spend the peoples money and buy big houses in the UK. Well thats what the UK population does, pays for the Royals and keeps them all in the big fancy houses. Only makes me wonder why dear old Liz doesn't want to return the gesture by mixing with other royals and buy a fancy pad on the palm. Mind you, the last time British Royalty mixed in the Muslim circles, it ended in a car crash in Paris and I am sure the roads of Dubai are a worse risk even without the papparazi (if it was!) forcing you off the road.

aiming point
9th Jul 2009, 15:01
"Sharing the Pain" Emirates style :rolleyes::yuk:

walu
9th Jul 2009, 15:25
My god all the irony in here, how much can one take!

I'd like to quote this if I may,

"in our culture, "ethics" is really is a matter of degree, for our social system promotes and rewards competition and self-interest. This perspective doesn't just "lead" to aberrant behaviour... it creates it directly. Corruption is the norm in our society and most people do not see this, for since the society supports this behavior, it is considered right and normal... or as a matter of degree."

So where too from here...

Maybe the Zeitgeist movement has the answers!

cochise
9th Jul 2009, 15:49
We're all human, some just choose to admit it...

Artisan
10th Jul 2009, 03:18
http://dalham.com/dalham_hall2.jpg

thefoxandfirkin
10th Jul 2009, 07:56
Bit of a diddy house that is compared with the 10,000 Sq Meters palaces he used to. It must be just for his girlies to store their Jimmy Choo collections in. :p