PDA

View Full Version : White Mirage IIIO in Sydney backyard.

Capt Kremin
9th Jul 2009, 06:34
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/Capt_Kremin/whiteMirage-1.jpg

So does anyone know what a white Mirage is doing sitting by its lonesome in a backyard in Western Sydney?

Is it real? If it is...what a waste! Why is it painted white?

If you want to find it, here is a hint.... somewhere west of Parramatta and south of Richmond ...

alphacentauri
9th Jul 2009, 07:38
somewhere west of Parramatta and south of Richmond ...

Which I reckon puts it somewhere near the munitions site at Orchard Hills?? the old 1CAMD.

Also reckon you're not looking hard enough, if that's all you managed to find? There should be more than one mirage....not painted white, just got the mothballed preservation gunk all over it. Also in a similar area should be a Sabre and Canberra. Not sure if you will see them on google earth, but there is a survey calibration field out there and I have seen them. :ok:

Cheers
Alpha

bizzybody
9th Jul 2009, 09:44
Demolition area at DEOH. As of 6 months ago it was still there,, It is just there as decoration as with all the other dummy bombs and so on in that area. The also have a complete Macchi in a hanger also which is used to train EO trainees how to load them on

Dog One
9th Jul 2009, 11:24
Could some one post lat/long so I can find it on Google Earth. Not being a Sydney sider doesn't help.

Capt Fathom
9th Jul 2009, 12:57
The Canberra Bomber is here: 33°51'30.21"S 150°46'47.39"E

Mirage is as previously suggested! 7kms NW of the Canberra Bomber!

Interesting, next to the Mirage, you can see concrete pads where other aircraft have previously resided!

Dog One
9th Jul 2009, 19:51
Thanks Capt, I suppose CB is south of Richmond and west of Parramatta.

Capt Kremin
9th Jul 2009, 22:47
What he is saying that there is a Canberra at that Lat and Long.:hmm:

illusion
10th Jul 2009, 10:27
From the site below looks like it is A3-20

ADF Serials - RAAF A3 GAF Mirage III (http://www.adf-serials.com/3a3.shtml)

Dog One
10th Jul 2009, 23:45
I see from the serials list of the Mirage, that most are still flying in Pakistan. Must say something for Australian workmanship in both construction and maintenance of the airframe.

Thanks for the co-ordinates.

Why are the airframes there for?