PDA

View Full Version : Pointe-Noir, Congo

Master Warning!
8th Jul 2009, 18:28
Looks like we have a contract to fly our CL-604 for an italian oil company out of Pointe-Noir for the next 4 months.

I flew in Togo and Angola back in 2000, so I've been in Africa before, but does anyone have some more details about PNR.

Thanx

flugzeug
8th Jul 2009, 20:44
yeap,

Just came back from there after 4 months,PM if u need any info.

Cheers!

PO dust devil
13th Jul 2009, 05:36
Point Noire was the most expensive place to transit through.

Overnight armed security guard $X(can't recall) but well spent considering the spares we had inside the machine - having the Colonel of Airport Police stamp your arrival in your passports $50 "surcharge" each, lodge flight plan at briefing office $100 "surcharge", refuellers - when you order $350USD fuel -and watch the delivery and call at $345 -but "oops there's 351 sorry". Oh - and sorry, we don't take less then $50 USD (so you rack that up to another $49 "surcharge").

Nice restaurant in town however, after a taxi ride which took us up the footpath doing about 50pkh to avoid the line of red brake lights in front of us. That was also $50. Hotel was average - african bars on the windows at $150 per night.

Altogether, :ok: It was still cheaper than I was told to expect! AND the boss at CTI was very happy.

PNR = Safe endurance in hours x gso x gsh/gso + gsh

Don't take notes smaller than $50USD to PNR

DD:}

Zeflo27
13th Jul 2009, 08:12
'La Pyramid' was a good place to go for a drink and something to eat at the beach,that was ten years ago. There was also an Aero Club and a Yacht Club where you could apparently go deep sea fishing. I quite enjoyed my time there.